Tablet problem again

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
bubbles1

Tablet problem again

Post by bubbles1 »

Hi technos - now my Lenovo tablet wont recognise that I have connected the charger - I have changed chargers and tried both chargesr on another item (which works) I have tried it through the mains and through the laptop - zilch - any ideas :?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Re: Tablet problem again

Post by vic evans »

I had a similar problem with a different make tablet which thought it was fully charged but obviously wasn't.
Googling around I found it was something to do with condensers/capacitors needing discharging (can't remember exactly) & that if I disconnected the battery for about 20 secs & reconnected it everything would be back to normal.
It meant 'flipping' off the back to get at the battery connections but it did the trick.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Thanks - how does one flip the back off? Ivehas a littlelook and cant seehow to. Going out now will look again later.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

bubbles1 wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 pm
Thanks - how does one flip the back off? Ivehas a littlelook and cant seehow to. Going out now will look again later.
Usually clipped on so you have to ease 'em apart with something thin & preferably plasticy. I use a couple of guitar picks.
You don't say what model yours is so Google it but be aware that whilst this cured my charging problem it may not cure yours, but, then again, if it won't charge & you don't break it trying to open it, nothing is lost.This may help

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Tnk Ill try it tomorrow :good:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Thanks peeps for your helpbut it is dead and nice man in shop said the charging part i worn out completely and he said despite trying he cant get me a replacementpart as technology moves on so quickly companies dont keep parts in stock as they used to :cry: Still Lovely OH said he would buy meanewone as he knows how much pleasure I get out of it. So went to shop and got a new one. Just charged it and now attempting to reconnect with my games etc - Ill let you know how I get on - maybe back for help LOL

crakpot

Post by crakpot »

We had the same problem it was the battery
If you are prepared to fiddle around, on Ebay the batteries are available

alteza

Post by alteza »

You can also open it up and connect 2 wires to an external female charging socket easily purchase for € cents. That "nice man in shop" will be out of business soon unless he sold you the new tablet.. Or you did not understand him...

Lovely to see the THROW AWAY society making it across the pond..

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Hi -yes I did understand him and I had French OH withme as well. We left the shop with the old tablet not saying about buying a new one.We had a chat and then decided to back later and get a new one from there. We got a discount and a free protective case as I had purchased from there before. It was priced the same in other outlets so werent being ripped off on the price and it is localso ifthere isa problem I can pop in andbang on the desk!!!!!

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

alteza wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:44 pm
You can also open it up and connect 2 wires to an external female charging socket easily purchase for € cents. That "nice man in shop" will be out of business soon unless he sold you the new tablet.. Or you did not understand him...

Lovely to see the THROW AWAY society making it across the pond..
Thanks but far too technical for me and it is Three years old and has been hearily used and recharged every day - apparently it is the charging connection which has defuncted and the bit behind it- not the battery itself.