Form 3916 declaration overseas accts

Chester

Re: Form 3916 declaration overseas accts

Post by Chester »

Hi,
It seems to me that simply having an account with Transferwise to move money from one of your accounts to another in another country is not a bank account, otherwise all the currency transfer companies would be** ; but having a Transferwise "Borderless account" , with many banking features could be seen as one .
** The only account details involved are those of the company , not the client, so the only personal account details (IBAN , sort code etc.) in the transaction are those of your own banks , which presumably you do already declare.

chrisell

Post by chrisell »

Aardvark wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm
I did a 3916 years ago and never did another. I suppose that is wrong but I'm damned if I am going to start now. I have enough to stress about with Brexit and trying to get a residence permit.
Assuming you do the return online ..... its a couple of minutes tops per account - done once - done forever. I sent them on A4 the first year - not one got transferred to the online declaration - so last year I had a joyous hour finding paper and 20 minutes entering numbers - although it did make me realise how many dormant things I had/have). after that I can ignore the drawer from hell until I move again they now know and it should just be there forever. Or until I have to deal with CDS - then I'll just take the entire drawer or filing cabinet with me ........ it'll be in here somewhere....)

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

This will be the first year I do it online. Hopefully I will be able to cut and paste the questions into a translater. It was damned hard work with the paper ones.

tasos123

Post by tasos123 »

Dear all,

First of all, I hope that everyone is fine and I need some help of you.

According to the new edition, I have to fill (with english translation after the "->"):

1.1. Nom patronymique (et nom d’usage, s’il y a lieu), prénom(s), date et lieu de naissance du titulaire du compte
(ou du bénéficiaire d’une procuration) ou du souscripteur : -> Surname (and username, if applicable), first name (s), date and place of birth of the account holder

Adresse au 1er janvier de l’année : -> Address on January 1 of the year

1.2 --And then, if I am not a natural person acting as the operator of a company NOR a legal person, I am not completing anything else

2. If I have only a bank account to declare, I check the "Compte bancaire (à remplir : cadres 3 et 5)" and then I fill the boxes 3 and 5

3.1 Numéro de compte -> Account IBAN

Caractéristiques du compte (2):

Compte courant. -> Current account.
Compte d’épargne. -> Savings account.
Autres. -> Other.

Désignation de l’organisme gestionnaire du compte -> The name of the bank?

Adresse de l’organisme gestionnaire du compte (n°, rue, ville et pays) : -> The address of the bank?

3.2. I click the following:
Titulaire en propre du compte bancaire à l’étranger -> IF I am owner of the bank account abroad

5. Usage personnel exclusivement - personne physique n’agissant pas en qualité d’exploitant d’une activité donnant lieu à déclaration spécifique de résultats BNC, BIC ou BA ou équivalent -> I tick that if I use it for personal use only even if I receive my salary. They care only of I do not use it for example in order to send money to companies or something like that.

And finally, if I have 5 bank accounts abroad, I have to submit 5 forms - one for each bank account?

Thanks a lot in advance.

manonthemoon2

Post by manonthemoon2 »

I have a RBS credit mastercard, but I don't have an account number to insert in the space. I really don't want to put the card number, so what should I do?

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

There will be an account number somewhere, otherwise how would they identify the card.

elsie

Post by elsie »

manonthemoon2 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:30 pm
I have a RBS credit mastercard, but I don't have an account number to insert in the space. I really don't want to put the card number, so what should I do?
You could try this
What is my RBS credit card account number?
You can find your 8 digit account number and 6 digit sort code by logging in to Digital Banking. Your account number and sort code are shown on the 'Account summary' under 'Personal accounts'.
https://www.supportcentre-rbs.co.uk/Sea ... t-code.htm

elsie

Post by elsie »

tasos123 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:20 pm
Dear all,

First of all, I hope that everyone is fine and I need some help of you.

According to the new edition, I have to fill (with english translation after the "->"):

1.1. Nom patronymique (et nom d’usage, s’il y a lieu), prénom(s), date et lieu de naissance du titulaire du compte
(ou du bénéficiaire d’une procuration) ou du souscripteur : -> Surname (and username, if applicable), first name (s), date and place of birth of the account holder

Adresse au 1er janvier de l’année : -> Address on January 1 of the year This is your same address as on the front of the main tax form

1.2 --And then, if I am not a natural person acting as the operator of a company NOR a legal person, I am not completing anything else

2. If I have only a bank account to declare, I check the "Compte bancaire (à remplir : cadres 3 et 5)" and then I fill the boxes 3 and 5 Yes

3.1 Numéro de compte -> Account IBAN Yes

Caractéristiques du compte (2):

Compte courant. -> Current account.
Compte d’épargne. -> Savings account.
Autres. -> Other.

Désignation de l’organisme gestionnaire du compte -> The name of the bank? Yes

Adresse de l’organisme gestionnaire du compte (n°, rue, ville et pays) : -> The address of the bank? Yes

3.2. I click the following:
Titulaire en propre du compte bancaire à l’étranger -> IF I am owner of the bank account abroad

5. Usage personnel exclusivement - personne physique n’agissant pas en qualité d’exploitant d’une activité donnant lieu à déclaration spécifique de résultats BNC, BIC ou BA ou équivalent -> I tick that if I use it for personal use only even if I receive my salary. They care only of I do not use it for example in order to send money to companies or something like that. Yes - it is a personal account not used for a business

And finally, if I have 5 bank accounts abroad, I have to submit 5 forms - one for each bank account? Yes

Thanks a lot in advance.

manonthemoon2

Post by manonthemoon2 »

elsie wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:50 pm
manonthemoon2 wrote:
You could try this
You can find your 8 digit account number and 6 digit sort code by logging in to Digital Banking. Your account number and sort code are shown on the 'Account summary' under 'Personal accounts'.
Thanks Elsie, I logged in to my Account Summary, but there is definitely not an account number or sort code, it just shows my Credit Card No. I haven't had a bank account with RBS for more than 25 years, closed the account down but kept the credit card would that explain why I haven't got a number? The card is rarely used, I keep it just in case of an emergency.

elsie

Post by elsie »

manonthemoon2 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:56 pm
elsie wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:50 pm
manonthemoon2 wrote:
You could try this
Thanks Elsie, I logged in to my Account Summary, but there is definitely not an account number or sort code, it just shows my Credit Card No. I haven't had a bank account with RBS for more than 25 years, closed the account down but kept the credit card would that explain why I haven't got a number? The card is rarely used, I keep it just in case of an emergency.
So you need to report the bank you pay any debit from using the card. I guess that is probably your main UK bank which you will be declaring anyway. So nothing more to do.