Pay as you go - to contract?

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Hereford

Re: Pay as you go - to contract?

Post by Hereford »

Tom: No we are most certainly not in a 4G area!
All I hoped to find out by posting was whether anyone had successfully switched from PAYG to a contract with Orange without losing their credit.
Clearly no-one on the forum has done so. I shall go to the shop in due course and see what they say and will post if I succeed.
I do not want to drift into a conversation about our landline and costs as that is not relevant to what I wished to find out. Thank you for your input though.

Hereford

Re: Pay as you go - to contract? Success

Post by Hereford »

Good evening
Finally found time to tackle the Orange shop. Not long to wait and they said to go for a walk and we will text you when your turn comes up. Most efficient...
Explained to friendly staff member that we were fed up with buying "recharges" which we never use up but have to renew to stop losing the credit balance and would like to change to a "forfait" without losing it.
No problem she says (much to our surprise). Two of the forfaits are for people switching (as well as new people). We can have 2 hours of calls plus 5G internet (ha ha) and they will take the monthly fee of 16.99 from the credit and any calls over the 2 hours will also be charged to the credit. There will be no loss of credit at all as the existing balance will not run out. We can do this until all the credit used up and then pay in the normal way. If we did not want internet then for 9.99 it can just be calls.
Clearly this is much more expensive then Free but has the advantage that we will pay nothing at all above our credit balance for a couple of years or so. Once credit all used up we can make a new choice and move away from Orange if we wish.
Happy Ending.