LED Bulbs Delivery - Scam?

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
alteza

Re: LED Bulbs Delivery - Scam?

Post by alteza »

It is probably down to you using one email for everything in your life..

I am surprised that there is no cookie notice on this site.. Just for the log in details even though it is a https site ( waste of money)

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler »

Noisette wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:53 pm
Having applied for the 25 free LED lightbulbs several months ago, and having received nothing in the way of confirmation or communication, I've just received an e-mail asking for my co-ordinates. The e-mail is headed 'Colis'.
Is this one of those tiresome scams?
They would have needed your coordonnées to process the application, as it's tied in to your tax status. I got no confirmation or notification at the time of placing the order, then a "facture" from MesAmpoulesGratuites.fr <ampoules@info.geoplc.com> about a month later, and then the box turned up later again.

I vaugely remember receiving an obscure text telling me a colis would be delivered the next day and had no idea what it referred to until it did turn up and I saw the contents. The same folk sent me an e-mail a couple of weeks ago about the free insulation offer, so unless there are several providers, I'd be inclined to think that your message is a scam.

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop »

I applied for some, and received them last year, after many weeks.
Then there was a second opportunity, so I applied again, but this time have heard nothing, and it has been months.
I was only thinking today that the second lot hadn't arrived.
I wondered if I was supposed to do something else, but they haven't contacted me.
No problem really - if they arrive, all well and good - if they don't, I've still got the first lot mostly unused!
Don't like to look the gift horse in the mouth though, so it was worth applying anyway... 8-)

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

We're quite happy with them. Applied for the original offer and received the same order twice.

Later received two order forms for even more bulbs, so sent these off.

So far one of the second orders has arrived.

All our lights are now LED, we have plenty of spares, and a full set of spare "economy" fluorescents we removed :D

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly »

Having received five(5) orders of 25 lamps each from "MesAmpoulesGratuites.fr" plus one package of 25 from Direct Energie, I have nothing but trust in their system to deliver. You should note that on the original order form, a time of between eight & twelve weeks was given for delivery. From my experience, this could be considerably longer.
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

Jay

Post by Jay »

It says on the website that the offer has ended:

Nos offres sont aujourd’hui terminées, le stock est épuisé.
Si vous avez déjà validé votre commande au téléphone ou sur notre site internet, vos ampoules seront livrées sous 8 semaines.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

misswoodentop wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 am
........... I've still got the first lot mostly unused! .................
I believe the idea is to replace incandescent lamps immediately to reduce electricity consumption.

If you keep using old incandescent lamp bulbs until they fail, the power to light your house will continue to cost more than is necessary.

If you have the "economy" (fluorescent) lamps, the LED ones are better, as they light up immediately to their full brilliance without an annoying delay, and most of them use a little less power than economy bulbs.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

So it appears not to be the "free lunch" scam that I suspected. I still have no intention of giving them any personal tax information, etc. Who will they be selling that to I wonder?
World beating track and trace. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop »

Nomoss wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm
misswoodentop wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:33 am
........... I've still got the first lot mostly unused! .................
I believe the idea is to replace incandescent lamps immediately to reduce electricity consumption.

The idea of throwing away still-usable light bulbs doesn't appeal to me at all - waste not, want not! :)

If you keep using old incandescent lamp bulbs until they fail, the power to light your house will continue to cost more than is necessary.

My lx bill is around €70 every two months, so not excessive really - there's normally only one light bulb on at any one time, which is the one that I've replaced when it expired.
:) :) :)