CDS application form

Aardvark

CDS application form

Post by Aardvark »

Can anyone identify exactly which form I have to download and fill out for a permanent residence permit? Been here years, legally :!: But now getting totally muddled and stressed about this effing Brexit. There are 41 different PDF downloads on the St.Brieuc prefecture website. Some obviously don't apply but most are just way beyond my comprehension. I am making a bit of headway finding out what paperwork to take for the RDV. A few questions come up like......what is a semester? And something that translates as "indication relating to domecile". :roll:
Failing that, just call the men in the white coats. Tell 'em to bring their net.

ajm

Re: CDS application form

Post by ajm »

We are in dept 49 but I would think there are standard forms. The one we downloaded is UE20 for citizens of EU. This gives the list of docs. required whether you are a student,working or non-active ( I.e. retired). There are a few pages which include the form to fill in with your personal details.
Hope this helps
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

Maricopa

Post by Maricopa »

I wouldn't rely on the forms being the same, though it would be nice if they were. Some departments don't even have a form to fill in!

buzz

Post by buzz »

Aardvark wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm
A few questions come up like......what is a semester? And something that translates as "indication relating to domecile". :roll:
A semester is a half year, so if they ask for a document per semester it means one per 6 months.
You are supposed to be able to prove your domicile by utility bills eg EDF, but my prefecture insisted on an attestation de domicile from the Mairie as well.
Hope this helps

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

That is what I am finding. My prefecture is at St.Brieuc. I have waded through all the PDFs on offer on their website and none are more than just info. No forms to fill out. People on the Brittany forum (the ones that are not burying their heads in the sand) have posted that you go to the website and look for a RDV list. You select one and then wait for confirmation. Then you take your form and enough paperwork & copies to choke a horse along to the RDV. They look through some of it, take your fingerprints and that's it. You get your CDS a few weeks later. Search as I might, I cannot find any reference to RDVs nor any forms. On some of the other government sites I found out more or less what documents they are likely to ask for but again, no specific forms for applying for CDS (or Titre de Sejour). There is so much confusion on the subject we don't even know which one to apply for if an opportunity arises.
Last edited by Aardvark on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

buzz wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:37 pm
Aardvark wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm
A few questions come up like......what is a semester? And something that translates as "indication relating to domecile". :roll:
A semester is a half year, so if they ask for a document per semester it means one per 6 months.
You are supposed to be able to prove your domicile by utility bills eg EDF, but my prefecture insisted on an attestation de domicile from the Mairie as well.
Hope this helps
Yes it does help. Thankyou very much.

Tom

Post by Tom »

On some of the other government sites I found out more or less what documents they are likely to ask for but again, no specific forms for applying for CDS (or Titre de Sejour). There is so much confusion on the subject we don't even know which one to apply for if an opportunity arises.
There is so much confusion about Brexit itself it might be better to wait just a few weeks to see if things become any clearer.
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

OH and I have just been recapping on our application for a TDS each in 2016 and remember that there was no form to fill in - the interviewer fills his own form in - and takes copies of your stuff etc.

Getting an appointment is the hard part - tell them that you are applying for a ten- year Titre de Sejour or they might try to dish you out an appointment for a lesser one - there are loads of different ones.

Take all this with you:-

For us as a couple - For a 10 year Titre de Sejour Permanent each. 2016

Passports
Birth certificates
Marriage certificate
House deeds = proof of residence
Electricity bills for the last five years = proof of residence
French bank statements - for last five years = proof of income
Tax documents for the last five years
State pension statements
NHS pension statement
Private pension proof/statement
"It’s easier to fool people than to prove to them that they were fooled"
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Does RIFT have a Brittany page? They are a group that has taken a special interest in the CdS situation.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Tom wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:08 pm
On some of the other government sites I found out more or less what documents they are likely to ask for but again, no specific forms for applying for CDS (or Titre de Sejour). There is so much confusion on the subject we don't even know which one to apply for if an opportunity arises.
There is so much confusion about Brexit itself it might be better to wait just a few weeks to see if things become any clearer.
One source has said after a certain point the permit will not be free. Something like €250 a pop. I think I have left it long enough thinking the UK would finally see sense and decide to remain. Gotta make a move in the right direction.