Taxe foncière refund.

Tom

Taxe foncière refund.

Post by Tom »

:D Received notification of a surprise refund of €47 on our taxe foncière a couple of weeks ago, which has now been credited to our bank despite the fact that the tax itself won't be taken until after Christmas. Today the explanation arrived and the summer drought was the cause. We have a couple of meadows that we let the neighbouring farmer crop for hay and it's true that his harvest was less this year. Has anyone else received a similar refund?
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

TriciaF

Re: Taxe foncière refund.

Post by TriciaF »

That's interesting, but how did the tax people know that your neighbour was cutting your hay?
Not that it's any good now, but we had the same arrangement in out first house, and as far as I remember never got any tax rebate.
Maybe you should thank your neighbour for being honest. :good:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Yep I got my TF bill last week and they said I would get 63 euro refund - didnt say why. I checked my bank account for something totally different a few days later and there it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Tom

Post by Tom »

That's interesting, but how did the tax people know that your neighbour was cutting your hay?
:good: That's not the point...what you do with the land. If you pay tax on it you get a refund because in theory the return on your investment is less than usual because of the drought. In fact we get no monetary return because it's good for us that the grass is cropped and the farmer does us a few favours with some hedge cutting etc.
– Charles de Gaulle

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

Oh I see (I think).
Maybe we did get a rebate, or maybe we didn't have enough land. ?5 hectares.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Oh I see (I think).
Maybe we did get a rebate, or maybe we didn't have enough land. ?5 hectares.
:good: We have about 5 ha of meadows too so if your département has been declared as being affected by the drought you should certainly be eligible for compensation. The deputy mayor recently visited to see whether the same drought had caused any cracks in our buildings because claims must be lodged with the préfecture before the end of the year. Happily our house escaped any damage.
– Charles de Gaulle

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I have no land - courtyard garden so why did I get one do you think? Maybe they think oh poor little person we will give her something back - yes like that is going to happen - anyone else got one?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

Tom - my example was ages ago. pre 2006. We only had an informal agreement. Our land was fenced and we had about 30 sheep from another farmer on the same land at one time. And a few cows from another . Kept our border collies happy :D