Hidden defects in France and what does it cover

mysty

Re: Hidden defects in France and what does it cover

Post by mysty » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Aardvark wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:13 pm
"If for example you knew you had an intermittent auto gearbox problem and did not disclose that to the buyer then they can come after you for the full costs to rectify it or have the sale annulled and a full refund anytime up to the two year cut off when they can no longer come back to you."

And I suppose this being France, they don't have to prove that you actually knew about the fault. How could they possibly know what a seller knows about something that could fail in the next two years. Totally bonkers. Just try getting a fault corrected in that time period if you buy from a trader. Maybe this mindset explains why the French charge to much for S/H cars. They tuck away some of the proceeds of a sale to pay for two year's worth of repairs for the new owner. :shock:
I am not sure about other manufacturers but at Bmw you can get a complete print out of everything that the car has had done on it since it left the factory. If its just an old car then you would be right and no proof and no claim.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:54 pm

All they need to do is engage an expert like ALBF who will attest that the owner must have been fiddling with the thingy because one bolt looked shinier than the others.

Years ago I saw a TV programme following the work of one of these qualified and breveté "experts" and i was screaming out unprintable things to the TV, the guy was a complete idiot and anyone with any common sense would have realised that he was talking rubbish, but this is France and I my TV screen is covered in spittle from my outbursts at stuff the so called experts say and everyone believes it as gospel.

I would give more credence to ALBF on all matters automotive than this particular idiot. Trouble is a young innocent motorcyclist who was paralysed by a SMIDSY pulling out on him had his medical costs rejected on the experts say so and I think his family even had to pay costs.

alittlebitfrench
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by alittlebitfrench » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:03 pm

mysty1 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:10 pm

I am not sure about other manufacturers but at Bmw you can get a complete print out of everything that the car has had done on it since it left the factory.
Yes, it is the same with our Yeti.

Which is why CHANCER, we will be getting our Yeti back fixed without any cost to us. We have had a phone call to that effect.

I have said for many years, dot your 'i's' and cross your 't's' in France.

The system works.

Brits/or those who tell others to play the system Chancer (which personally I think you do...too much) will come a cropper. :D Another ALBF top tip.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

I cannot do something too much that I dont do.

Glad to hear the good news about your Yeti, who is paying and who has accepted responsability or been deemed to be responsable?

alittlebitfrench
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by alittlebitfrench » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Chancer wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Glad to hear the good news about your Yeti, who is paying and who has accepted responsability or been deemed to be responsable?
I have no idea. Playing it coool at the moment.

I have to admit, Skoda France is top notch.