What are you listening to?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Andy Richards
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:51 am
Location: London/Alsace
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Andy Richards »

After the Storm 2 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:57 pm
This thread is about sharing music and songs from anywhere, not just one country. I didn’t stop wanting to hear old favourites or new ones and no matter what language songs are sung or which country a group or singer comes from.
Fair enough.
I am just expressing my personal preference.... I wil only comment and post on French music.
Is that OK with you?

User avatar
Oldblueraincoat
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:31 pm
Location: 33 previously 66
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Andy Richards wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:49 pm
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 pm
Not bad.
My personal opinion, I know that it is mainly ex pats
on this forum, but if you have moved to France, by your own choice, surely French Music is the most important?
I will only post and comment on French music.
The rest is irrelevant.
Hi Andy
Had to read your post a couple of times hoping for it to make any sense whatsoever, unfortunately it didn't. I chose to live in France for my own reasons which, unless l want to share them are my business. My Wife and daughter, who is in her forties, are both French and actually, as l do, take enjoyment in music from many, many countries.

The Forum and this thread in particular reflect an extraordinary diverse and illuminating appreciation of all tastes.

If we followed your logic we would only discuss and talk all things French - as everything else, in your own words, would be irrelevant. That's not going to happen.

User avatar
Oldblueraincoat
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:31 pm
Location: 33 previously 66
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Aretha Franklin






After the Storm 2
Posts: 1218
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:42 pm
Has thanked: 596 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Andy Richards wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:10 pm
After the Storm 2 wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:57 pm
This thread is about sharing music and songs from anywhere, not just one country. I didn’t stop wanting to hear old favourites or new ones and no matter what language songs are sung or which country a group or singer comes from.
Fair enough.
I am just expressing my personal preference.... I wil only comment and post on French music.
Is that OK with you?
Happy for you to share whatever it is you are listening to, I was just replying to what you wrote which I have copied below. There is none that is more “important” and none that is “irrelevant”, the thread isn’t about teaching anything, simply sharing some (hopefully) good music that others might not have heard before or just sharing old familiar favourites, that’s all and I wouldn’t want to see that change, it’s what makes this thread interesting.

Quote “...but if you have moved to France, by your own choice, surely French Music is the most important?
I will only post and comment on French music.
The rest is irrelevant.


And I can’t link to anything because I’ve only been tuned into news channels about the US election :|

Lapourtaider
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 10:58 am
Location: Hérault
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Lapourtaider »

Andy Richards wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:49 pm
Not bad.
My personal opinion, I know that it is mainly ex pats
on this forum, but if you have moved to France, by your own choice, surely French Music is the most important?
I will only post and comment on French music.
The rest is irrelevant.
viewtopic.php?t=10173&start=370

?

Andy Richards
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:51 am
Location: London/Alsace
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Andy Richards »

Oldblueraincoat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 pm
Andy Richards wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:49 pm
FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:32 pm
Not bad.
My personal opinion, I know that it is mainly ex pats
on this forum, but if you have moved to France, by your own choice, surely French Music is the most important?
I will only post and comment on French music.
The rest is irrelevant.
Hi Andy
Had to read your post a couple of times hoping for it to make any sense whatsoever, unfortunately it didn't. I chose to live in France for my own reasons which, unless l want to share them are my business. My Wife and daughter, who is in her forties, are both French and actually, as l do, take enjoyment in music from many, many countries.

The Forum and this thread in particular reflect an extraordinary diverse and illuminating appreciation of all tastes.

If we followed your logic we would only discuss and talk all things French - as everything else, in your own words, would be irrelevant. That's not going to happen.
I agree with what you say but when it comes to music there are so many other places you can post videos to that it seems unnecessary to post them on a French Forum.
Anyway, I will only post French music on here.

User avatar
Oldblueraincoat
Posts: 491
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:31 pm
Location: 33 previously 66
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Andy Richards wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:19 am
Oldblueraincoat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:36 pm
Andy Richards wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:49 pm

Not bad.
My personal opinion, I know that it is mainly ex pats
on this forum, but if you have moved to France, by your own choice, surely French Music is the most important?
I will only post and comment on French music.
The rest is irrelevant.
Hi Andy
Had to read your post a couple of times hoping for it to make any sense whatsoever, unfortunately it didn't. I chose to live in France for my own reasons which, unless l want to share them are my business. My Wife and daughter, who is in her forties, are both French and actually, as l do, take enjoyment in music from many, many countries.

The Forum and this thread in particular reflect an extraordinary diverse and illuminating appreciation of all tastes.

If we followed your logic we would only discuss and talk all things French - as everything else, in your own words, would be irrelevant. That's not going to happen.
I agree with what you say but when it comes to music there are so many other places you can post videos to that it seems unnecessary to post them on a French Forum.
Anyway, I will only post French music on here.
"but when it comes to music there are so many other places you can post videos to"

This thread is called 'What are you listening to.......' NOT What French Music are you listening to. We all know from your participation on the "Good game, good game" thread that you appreciate and enjoy listening to UK/USA bands so l am at a bit of a loss to understand your failure to grasp the concept of this thread.

Of course you are free to post what you like and you also have the choice of creating your own thread - perhaps you could call it "Chanson Françaises - Que J'Aime"






Mrs Archy
Posts: 1432
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am
Location: Mayenne
Has thanked: 392 times
Been thanked: 411 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Mrs Archy »

A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 8630
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Finistère (29)
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 2007 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Oldblueraincoat wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:48 pm
They're a couple of great players, and very easy on the eye as well. We watched the season of Prodiges when Camille won her category, 6 years ago now.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 8630
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Finistère (29)
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 2007 times

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Heard this last night, took me a while to identify it. Excellent movie.

"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Post Reply