Buying property or land from a farmer

Mike
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Buying property or land from a farmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:22 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Can we have a crying emoji please.

Mike

Doug

Post by Doug » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am

Having purchased 5 properties here over the years I can confirm that any property with over a hectar of land has to go through SAFER for them to offer it to local farmers.The notaire does it and it usually takes a couple if months minimum, unless you pay for it to be done quickly, not worth it as we did here six years ago and it still took two months.

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am

Doug wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:16 am
Having purchased 5 properties here over the years I can confirm that any property with over a hectar of land has to go through SAFER for them to offer it to local farmers.
Noooooo. :D

You can pick up large properties in town with that type of land. Why would SAFER be interested ?

Chateaux (ten a penny around here for sale) most of which have hectares of land. You can't farm it. :lol:

PatF

Post by PatF » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Maybe it depends on the classification of the land - eg agricutural or urban, whether it could be built on, or not.
I don't know enough about the different types of land to say more.

mysty

Post by mysty » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:35 pm

alittlebitfrench wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am
Doug wrote:
Having purchased 5 properties here over the years I can confirm that any property with over a hectar of land has to go through SAFER for them to offer it to local farmers.

You can pick up large properties in town with that type of land. Why would SAFER be interested ?

Chateaux (ten a penny around here for sale) most of which have hectares of land. You can't farm it. :lol:

Chateaux's sales if they have land are subject to SAFER, not often you are wrong :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

alittlebitfrench

Post by alittlebitfrench » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:37 pm

mysty1 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:35 pm
alittlebitfrench wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 am
Doug wrote:

Chateaux's sales if they have land are subject to SAFER, not often you are wrong :lol:
I will let my neighbour know :D Not sure they will be too worried. ;)