Antargaz LPG price increase, letter confusion

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Annabelle's Papa

Antargaz LPG price increase, letter confusion

Post by Annabelle's Papa » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Hi
We have received a letter from Antargaz saying that they are having to pass on price increases, I have tried to translate the letter by I am struggling to understand two paragraphs.

Aussi,nous serons contraits d'appliquer une augementation de tariff de 150 euro ttc/tonne, sur votre bareme reference DOM.A a compter de 12/11/18.

Si vous refusezcette modification tarifaire, vous disposez alors de la facultede resilier votre contrat, sans penalite de resiliation et sans droit a dedommagement, dans un delai de trois mois a compter de l'entree en vigueur du changement de prix, soit jusqu'au 12/2/19.

the translation I did:

Also, we will be constrained to apply a tariff increase of 150 euro ttc / ton, on your DOM.A benchmark reference from 12/11/18.

If you refuse this tariff modification, you then have the option to terminate your contract, without penalty of cancellation and without right to compensation, within a period of three months from the entry into force of the price change, ie until 12 / 2/19.
Our situation is that we use very little LPG but have a very big tank (2000l), we have only used 50% since un asked for fill up in January 2011, if as they say we can cancel the contract, will they want the tank back 50% full of LPG, or is it suggesting there will be a levy of €150 on the tank.

Any help would be appreciated

p.s After the last fill up, we contacted them and asked them to only fill when we ask them. Which they have so far but still send someone every couple of years to check the tank and clean and polish it.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

Le Démerdeur

Re: Antargaz LPG price increase, letter confusion

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:10 pm

The price will be going up by €150 per tonne = 15cts per kg (if you are billed per kg) you can cancel the existing contract within 3 months from the date of the increase or you will be considered to have accepted it.

I really cant see where you are coming from with the last 2 questions, nothing in what they have written speaks of them but the answers would be no and no unless its April fools day.

PatF

Post by PatF » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:16 pm

We had a long argument with Antargaz when they kept putting their rates up. We used a lot of gas.
We got estimates from 2 other companies, which weren't much better, and there were other complications. Including Antargaz's tank would have to be removed and theirs put in place. We would have wanted to use up all the gas before letting the tank go. confusion about whether we were paying in advance or in arrears. etc.
In the end we decided to stay with them and they put us on a much cheaper tariff as part of a special offer, of which there were many. Why they hadn't suggested this before I don't know. It was a stressful time.
It might be worth your while asking about special offer contracts. We did find one of their agents who spoke good english and husband did all the arguing (I'm no good at it.)
These users thanked the author PatF for the post:
Annabelle's Papa (Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am)

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks PatF, I will call them today, I was involved in a house sale a few years back when the new purchaser refused to pay for the remaining gas in the Antargaz tank, Antargaz didn't mind they just removed the tank and god knows what happened to the gas inside. The purchaser was furious but could do nothing after the event and had to set up a new account and tank with a new supplier that cost him a great deal more.

Hi Chancer, thanks for your reply,the tank is owned and maintained by Antargaz, the content is ours as long as we are a Antargaz customer, our UK LPG underground tank is maintained and annually checked by our supplier but we pay £15 a quarter for that service, since 2011 we haven't paid Antargaz a cent.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

rabbit

Post by rabbit » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 am

Annabelle's Papa wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 am
Thanks PatF, I will call them today, I was involved in a house sale a few years back when the new purchaser refused to pay for the remaining gas in the Antargaz tank, Antargaz didn't mind they just removed the tank and god knows what happened to the gas inside. The purchaser was furious but could do nothing after the event and had to set up a new account and tank with a new supplier that cost him a great deal more.

Hi Chancer, thanks for your reply,the tank is owned and maintained by Antargaz, the content is ours as long as we are a Antargaz customer, our UK LPG underground tank is maintained and annually checked by our supplier but we pay £15 a quarter for that service, since 2011 we haven't paid Antargaz a cent.
I had a similar experience when we sold our house. Antargaz came and pumped out the tank and gave us a credit for the gas. But then they charged us 2300€ to dig out and remove the tank

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:15 am

Called Antargaz on Friday, got no where, they would not confirm or deny that if we cancelled our contract with them (that they offered in their letter) what would happen to our 1000l of gas in their tank, I asked if they would remove the tank and they said no, I really don't believe them as someone has to continue maintaining their tank. It is really a pointless exercise on their side, we have to stay with them and they know it, the chances of leaving them at a time they will allow and our tank virtually empty is never going to happen. :roll:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:20 am

Une allumette would solve all of your problems in one strike :lol:

PatF

Post by PatF » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:29 pm

As far as I remember the cost of their gas went up nearly every year.
I haven't got the documents now so can't say what the typical increase was. Except that the first year, 2006, it was 135pm. gradual increase until Dec.. 2016 when they were going to put it up to 265pm. Amount used remained about the same.That was when we complained.
Another point - if you're not using a lot of gas they're more likely to leave you on an expensive tariff.