Is it just me?

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
jsks

Re: Is it just me?

Post by jsks »

hez wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:43 pm
Really enjoyed i,t but Killing Eve is top drama with a great cast. Enjoying Press and Strangers too at the moment.
We watch Strangers only for the backdrops and noticed in the latest episode that Emilia fox went from the Ladies' Market in Mongkok to the Mid-level Elevators in seconds while evading a pursuer on foot. That's impressive as it's a distance of 5 miles or so with the harbour in between.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

jsks wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:30 pm
hez wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:43 pm
Really enjoyed i,t but Killing Eve is top drama with a great cast. Enjoying Press and Strangers too at the moment.
We watch Strangers only for the backdrops and noticed in the latest episode that Emilia fox went from the Ladies' Market in Mongkok to the Mid-level Elevators in seconds while evading a pursuer on foot. That's impressive as it's a distance of 5 miles or so with the harbour in between.
It is TV drama - not fact - hey poetic license!!! I Really like Killing Eve but cant compare to Bodyguard as I didnt watch it.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

[/quote]

Slight topic drift, does anyone else admit to reading and enjoying 50 Shades of Grey?
[/quote]

No, certainly not.

Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 pm
Slight topic drift, does anyone else admit to reading and enjoying 50 Shades of Grey?
[/quote]

No, certainly not.

Syd.
[/quote]

Nope.

Maricopa

Post by Maricopa »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:08 pm
You are joking right? No I have not read it, though my wife has.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:08 pm
joeblck wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 am
I liked "Bodyguard" but also prefer "Killing Eve"....French TV can't hold a candle to both!
Oh, I think they can. Insoupçonable, (admittedly an adaptation of The Fall), Le Tueur des Lacs, Les Innocents, to name just 3, all TF1 productions.

I read it after Mrs Spotty, all the old horsey tack that was gathering dust in the barn is upstairs now :good:
She said the filum was poor.

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

“She said the film was poor”

Was that the version with “no graphics”?
Don’t walk away in silence.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Getting back to the OP thread - The Bodyguard - it was clearly a big budget production. I found the storyline far fetched and unbelievable. My interest started to wane when the Home Office Minister's car was being shot at and the bodyguard left the car and left alone the person he was supposed to be protecting and went to the top of an office block in search of the sniper. Not up to the standard of the best of the Nordic Noir in my opinion and the BBC seem to be needing to promote it with hype in order to create a following.

jsks

Post by jsks »

We have been quite impressed with Black Earth Rising. It's an ambitious production and occasionally clunky but well worth a try if only for the charismatic Harriet Walters and surprisingly good Michaela Coel who is quite magnetic on screen. John Goodman is cast out of type and I'm still undecided!

hez

Post by hez »

It didn't grab me at all.