Has Orange decouverte tariff been withdrawn?

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Jaques

Re: Has Orange decouverte tariff been withdrawn?

Post by Jaques »

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Jaques wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:23 pm
At first I thought it me t allowing strangers to use MY wifi, it is but its not !
Actually that is exactly what it is!

They will be Orannge customers and you could access the internet outside their house but it will be strangers using each others wi-fi.

The speed is limited so you should not notice but having had a couple of avertissements from Hadopi where they say I am responsable for anyone using my wi-fi the thought that any Freenaut (I'm with Free) could download something illegal from my hotpot does concern me, I have mine disabled but the crafty getts keep switching it back on and I find the entrance to my car park once again blocked by people who cannot drive for 10 minutes without having to connect to social media.

For a long while in the UK I was using the BT hotspot of an unknown neighbour for internet access using the code given to me by another neighbour whose wi-fi did not reach my place, now I use the smartphone as a hotspot.

Jaques

Post by Jaques »

Yes they are using a wifi comming from your house, but you are not ever responsible for what they do. They do not use your password. Its safe andthey say you should not notice any loss of speed

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

Hi All,
I have been doing some research and found UKTelecom

http://www.uktelecom.net/product/broadband-landline/

broadband and landline for €42.91 (includes €17.96 line rental) with the ability to suspend, they don't mention a suspension fee or reconnection but on some of the reviews they don't make it clear plus you can only suspend for a total of 4 months in a year. So €343.28 plus suspension and reconnection fees (if applicable), so maybe not such a good deal.

An article I read in the French Property News magazine for October 2018, said that until May 2018 Orange offered their Maison Secondaire/Decouverte option but I bet they got miffed off with people switching it on and off repeatedly, also it had to be done by phone only which was a pain all round.

The article goes on to say that there is a service offered SFR, SOSH, Orange, Bouygues and Free, with monthly charges between €12.99-€20.00 and costs both €50 to cancel/restart but each time you will get a new number ( I don't use anyway), so for us 5 months broadband (consecutively) = €100 max plus on/off fee of €100, so €200 is a good saving but looking on the Orange site, I could not find any reference to it.
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

Jaques

Post by Jaques »

Easy to switch on or off hotspots

Espace client
Equipement
Internet
Then in ‘services’ you should see ‘Hotspot wifi d’Orange de la Livebox’. Activate

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur »

Back to the question about the services offered by Orange:

1/ Because they are going VOiP Orange stops selling the old services - landline / ligne résidence secondaire / internet découverte - as from mid November this year. Because the information given by Orange (website, oral in their shops) is not always transparent see the information in this website.

2/ Unfair competition ruling: only Orange could offer the so called "ligne résidence secondaire". SFR decided many years ago: let's see the judge. June this year a condemnation of Orange . Orange, would you please be so kind as to transfer 53 mln euros to SFR. Another reason to stop marketing this attractive abonnement.

Hereford

Post by Hereford »

Well: we still have decouverte tarrif and it is not a second home. Originally organised via an Orange shop. Recently the speed seems to have improved from very, very, very slow to just very slow...

Annabelle's Papa

Post by Annabelle's Papa »

Hereford wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:16 pm
Well: we still have decouverte tarrif and it is not a second home. Originally organised via an Orange shop. Recently the speed seems to have improved from very, very, very slow to just very slow...

Hi Hereford, have you suspended it recently, we only found out when we called to suspend it about 4 weeks ago. If you haven't and have done more than 18 months on the contract you might be eligible to a cheaper tariff
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley