Teaser

exile

Re: Teaser

Post by exile »

OK so no one picked up on the LED hint.

Assuming they are incandescent bulbs. Turn one on and leave for 3 minutes. Turn it off and turn another one on. The one that is on is obviously the one you switched on. The one that is hot to the touch is the one you just switched off and the cold one is the switch you have not touched.

Hexenbeest

Post by Hexenbeest »

OK. Here's what I did at home with a lamp, pretending I had 3 lamps and 3 switches, and my cat thinking I've finally gone stark raving bonkers:

Switch 1 left untouched.
Switch 2 on for 60 seconds.
Switch 3 on for 90 seconds.
After turning off Switch 3, I touched each bulb in succession, one was cold, one was warm, one was quite hot.

Therefore

Switch 1 = Lamp 1 as it was cold
Switch 2 = Lamp 2 as it was warm
Switch 3 = Lamp 3 as it was hot.

I then put everything back and poured myself a large one. Because I'm epic. ;)

Just noticed the post from exile.
Yep, that one works better. :good:
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Guess these are just too easy :)

I reckon this next one is far too easy but here goes -

A sundial has the least number of moving parts, what has the most?

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

After the Storm wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:47 pm

A sundial has the least number of moving parts, what has the most?
An hourglass - the sands of time are running out etc! Or it could be a water clock with the huge number of water molecules!
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

After the Storm wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:47 pm

A sundial has the least number of moving parts,....
Maybe, but how many photons need to get past a sundial’s gnomon in order to cast a shadow on its face plate?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

What has the most what?
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Ity is deffo an hourglass
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

After the Storm

I will be back with a fiendishly difficult one, I knew the hourglass would be too easy. :P

Ally

Post by Ally »

For who?

After the Storm

Having been duped again by Mysty, who pretended that he had booked us on a three month holiday to South America, I found that it was a three month renovation project that he planned instead when we turned up at the hotel in the Cantal and work was starting in the middle of winter when there would be snowdrifts inside nevermind outside. So I decide to escape :P
I kick him in the shins and run off but having been blindfolded when taken into the hotel, I don’t know how to get out and at the end of a hallway, I find that I have a choice of three doors to choose from. The door on the left leads to a raging inferno (even though it is snowing :P ). The door in the center leads to a deadly assassin (and who doesn’t have much of a sense of humour :P ) The door on the right leads to a lion that hasn't eaten in three months (don’t ask how I know it’s been three months but I do :P ). Which door do I choose and why?