Teaser

After the Storm

Re: Teaser

Post by After the Storm »

ajm wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:06 pm
Brexit will be a disaster.
Good answer but wouldn't get him set free :)

Hexenbeest

Post by Hexenbeest »

"You will boil me in water."

If they boiled him in water it would make his statement true, and if his statement is true they should fry him in oil. But if they do that, it would make his statement false?
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Hexenbeest wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:13 am
"You will boil me in water."

If they boiled him in water it would make his statement true, and if his statement is true they should fry him in oil. But if they do that, it would make his statement false?
You got it :)

Hexenbeest

Post by Hexenbeest »

Do I get a prize?
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Very good - I looked at it differently and not laterally. - prize is - you won :lol: :lol:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Can you answer this? There are 5 people in a room, you go in and kill 4 of those 5, how many people actually remain in that room. I will reveal when someone gets it right !
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

michael86

Post by michael86 »

Six, you plus the other five.

basileus

Post by basileus »

A traveller arrives at a junction in the road. The signposts are ambiguous. Two brothers are sitting under the sign. One habitually lies and the other always tells the truth. The traveller may ask either brother one question to establish which road he should take to reach his desired location. He cannot tell which brother lies and which tells the truth. What question should the traveller ask to be sure of going the right way?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Who will tell me the truth

basileus

Post by basileus »

That won't work.....