Commune rules against Linky - Connexion article

Water, electricity, gas etc.
george

Commune rules against Linky - Connexion article

Post by george » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 am

"Residents in Blagnac (Haute-Garonne, Occitanie) are now legally allowed to refuse the installation of Linky energy meters in their homes, a French court has ruled.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... permission
E Pluribus Unum - Out of Many, One

Aardvark

Re: Commune rules against Linky - Connexion article

Post by Aardvark » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 am

There is a list of over 680 communes whose residents have attained the right to refuse the infamous Linky. Sadly, mine is not one of them. :(
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Ally

Post by Ally » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:59 am

I've had a a linky installed. Keep it clean.
What are the issues with them that people object to?
When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 am

Aardvark wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:35 am
There is a list of over 680 communes whose residents have attained the right to refuse the infamous Linky. Sadly, mine is not one of them. :(
Why are you sad?

Everybody has the absolute right to refuse the compteur Linky despite all the false information they give you to try and change your mind, I have refused and when they had exhausted their répertoire of false scare tactics and when they realised that "do you realise that you are the only one refusing?" had no effect on me they accepted defeat.

Its the latter which stops the French in their tracks, the overwhelming desire to conform and not be seen as a troublemaker, close to 100% acceptance everywhere yet when a commune gains this soi disant "right to refuse" (which they already had) then 99.9% will refuse the compteur Linky any who do accept it would probably have refused it in another commune with 99.9% acceptance :lol:

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

"Its the latter which stops the French in their tracks, the overwhelming desire to conform and not be seen as a troublemaker"

I can't say that I've noticed that particular french docile character trait, particularly when I've been picking my way through the debris left on roads and roundabouts from various farmer's protests.
Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

– Michael Crichton

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Good point, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

Even the protests conforme and are hence so predictable as is the air of acceptance by all those put out :(