Getting rid of mice.

Whether it's a Caterpillar or Wolf this is the place to discuss and ask questions.
Le Démerdeur

Re: Getting rid of mice.

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I have just bought one that is effectively a taser, of course the sceptical me had to try it out just as he did with the electric elephant fence at a lodge in the Kruger park :( My headstone will be inscribed with "what could possibly go wrong?" :lol:

Tasers might be banned in Europe but nobody has told the Chinese rat trap makers!

That said, the last one who was huge, tail as thick as a carpenters pencil and 12" long, that had bitten an elliptical hole 60mm in diameter through the VMC casing to pass through was killed by eating just 2 grammes of the sachet bait (I weighed it after his last supper) and was dead within 24 hours because thats when the stink started.

I'm actually looking forward to the next one trying its luck with the taser trap :good:

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:10 am
I have just bought one that is effectively a taser, of course the sceptical me had to try it out just as he did with the electric elephant fence at a lodge in the Kruger park :( My headstone will be inscribed with "what could possibly go wrong?" :lol:

Tasers might be banned in Europe but nobody has told the Chinese rat trap makers!

That said, the last one who was huge, tail as thick as a carpenters pencil and 12" long, that had bitten an elliptical hole 60mm in diameter through the VMC casing to pass through was killed by eating just 2 grammes of the sachet bait (I weighed it after his last supper) and was dead within 24 hours because thats when the stink started.

I'm actually looking forward to the next one trying its luck with the taser trap :good:
The last rat I got died from lead poisoning :D

elsie

Post by elsie »

pomme homme wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:57 pm
Earlier this week I was told about an electric mousetrap which works on the same principle as the 'ultraviolet light' fly traps, in that it attracts rodents and when they come in contact with the elements it causes them to explode. I haven't yet found details of it online but it occurs to me that it's likely to make a nasty mess in the area in which it is situated. Does anyone use such a trap and, if so, what is their experience of it?
No mess at all inside, unlike the occasional mess which can happen with spring traps. Just a flashing light to say it has been activated and a dead body inside.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

That's what mine does. When I picked myself off the floor the light was flashing. I had not exploded :D

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It actually carries on giving them the good news for a couple of minutes :shock:

pomme homme

Post by pomme homme »

Apparently x-plodarodent is available in a number of sizes/power levels, designed to deal with rodents of greater sizes than the common mouse. I'm trying to find out if they make one suitable for coypu.