Psycho neighbour

After the Storm

Re: Psycho neighbour

Post by After the Storm » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:25 pm

I don't know about the UK Mike but have seen the signs on fences and gates round here and I am pretty sure that that is the law here or the footage can not be used.
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

Mike
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mike » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:53 pm

It could be the edit about infringing the human rights of people not to be photographed without their consent, this was tried in Strasburg and found not to be lawful and was therefore rescinded in the UK just before they put up all the security cameras on the high streets, if the law stands then all of those cameras on those high streets are illegal and anything caught on them can't be used in court, which we all know is not the case, CCTV footage is used all the time to prove a crime was committed, and not just by the law enforcement agencies.

Mike

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Mike, I don’t know about high street cameras but I’m guessing if they are cameras put up by the forces of law then that is different but for cameras that record on private property, these need to have a sign, pretty sure on that as of up to four years ago and I don’t think it has changed here but will take a look when I can so I can correct myself if need be.
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Lots of misinformation in France on the subject, a lot of it propogated by those who like some Gendarmes who really should know but dont, and rather than admit they dont know trot out what they have heard or imagined, and of course the recipients usually believe them 100% and so it goes on.

No permission needed, no notices needed, no different to using a dashcam or recording video with a mobile phone, what you must not do, not that it stops millions doing so, is diffuse the image of someone else on social media or the internet without permission, even if its an as yet unidentified scumbag breaking into your house.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:38 pm

You might be right Chancer but having been told by the chief of a gendarme station who was in our house standing behind me when we were working our way through the recorded photos and told us that as there were no signs then they could not be used if there was anything on them, I will be surprised if he was wrong. I had blocked the memory out but have been reminded of it, I’m good at consigning bad memories to the locked part of my memory!

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Just taken a quick look and wonder if the confusion/contradiction is because if you point a camera towards the limit of your property and gate and towards a public area is on the other side of the gate or fence then a notice is needed. Either way, the recommendation I have now read suggests that the sign is an added deterant.

Les limites légales de la vidéosurveillance extérieure pour son domicile - LesFurets.com
https://www.lesfurets.com › guide › les-li...

Oct 20, 2017 · Si vous voulez installer une caméra de surveillance chez vous pour accroitre la sécurité de votre ... Notez toutefois que si tel est le cas, vous devrez apposer un panneau, visible, informant de

https://www.travauxavenue.com/electrici ... veillance/

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 pm

He may have said that ATS, he may have been right, I used to install camera systems in the UK and their primary purpose aside from deterrent was to identify the bad guys, the Police would usually recognise them as prolific offenders, give em a tug and often find them in possession of the stolen items, if not faced with the CCTV recording they would usually fess up.

However the career criminals knew all the defences, they know that they their legal aid lawyers can get them off if the cameras do not show one uniterrupted continuos recording of them forcing entry, stealing the goods and leaving with them, there is nearly always a non overlap between cameras somewhere, if not they park a vehicle or even hang a sheet across to create one, they can be recorded breaking in and walking out with arms full of booty, their defence, and believe me this will get them off, will be "I heard someone screaming for help so I kicked in the door/ramraided the gate, when i found the person they were not injured but just distressed that they could not carry all the money/fags/gold/whathaveyou out and asked me if I could help them".................

I kid you not, the above fairy tale with just one gap in the recording where the bad guy alleges said person handed them the loot was enough to get them off, the reality is that most footage never needs to be shown in court, if it does then most footage is actually inadmissable against someone that knows the ropes.

Its probably no different in France except perhaps for the legal aid, you definitely dont need to put up signs and wont get in trouble for not doing so.

My cameras record the traffic going in each direction, I went to the commandant of the brigade and told him he could access my recordings at any time if there was a burglary etc, he jumped at the chance because there had been a huge fire in the night, suspected insurance fraud and they identified a vehicle driven by those under suspicion.

One of his woodentops tried to tell me that I had should have a sign up (the factory opposite does) and I asked him was he sure, "bien sur M'seur" was the reply, then I asked him with insistence was he really sure because I knew the subject intimately at which point he started backtracking, he could not get aggressive (their usual response) because the commandant was there wearing a knowing smile.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 pm

From your usefull link ATS:

With all the guff removed :lol:

Filmer une personne sans autorisation peut être sanctionné d’un an de prison et de 45 000 euros d’amende.
Une vidéo prise sans que la personne filmée ne soit informée ne peut pas être utilisée en justice (sauf dans le cas de sanctions pénales).

Vous connaissez désormais tout ce qu’il faut savoir sur la loi de vidéosurveillance en France.

So bad guys can steal what they want or damage your property with impunity because you have not told them they are being filmed :roll:

With 1500 people coming and going to work opposite my place each day I am due a prison sentence of 3000 years each and every day, I have copped for several life sentences while writing this, plus fines of €13.5 million per day, maybe I should hand myself in right away :lol:

Hey the first bit that says the video evidence (where there are no warning signs) is inadmissable is followed by "except for penal sanctions", probably means they can use it as evidence to stick you away for a year in prison and €45K in fines but not against the scrote who burned your house down, - sounds about right :roll:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:35 pm

So stick a"post-it" in the window saying you have a camera and whoops when you close the shutters the person on your property illegally cant see it - tough cookie. It is there. :lol:
These users thanked the author bubbles1 for the post (total 2):
After the Storm (Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 pm) • Fahf (Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 am)
WE CAN ALL SEE THE STARS BUT ONLY SOME OF US SEE THE LIGHT :good:

Mike
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:00 am

This post is not mine.

Mike
Last edited by Mike on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 am, edited 6 times in total.