Income taxation 2018.

Le Démerdeur

Re: Income taxation 2018.

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:27 am

Confirms what you stated Dominic, 2018 is the année blanche which will never be paid, will be worth around €2.5K to me if the remainder of 2018 carries on as at present.

No doubt loads will be moaning when their prelevements in 2019 are the same as they were in 2018, they will be convinced that they have been had over and been looking forward to paying nothing for a year.

elsie

Post by elsie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:51 am

Chancer, I think you have misunderstood how it is going to work.

You will still be submitting a tax return for 2018. Then, in outline, if your income in 2018 is higher than the incomes in any of the previous three years the exceptional income will be taxed.

There is a good explanation here https://www.french-property.com/news/ta ... urce_2019/ in particular, the 2019 and Exceptions paragraphs.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 am

No misunderstanding on my part other than the scheduling.

south_bound
Has thanked: 0

Post by south_bound » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:57 pm

All thrown into doubt as of yesterday - Macron to seek reassurance from the relevant ministers that all will be ready in time. Is he readying to can the idea?

elsie

Post by elsie » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:43 pm

Macron was questioning the ability to operate Prélèvement à la source which is problematic because of the family quotient, various tax loophole options, etc. which seems to be problematic as it has to be divulged to employers so they can make the deduction (although if the tax office issued a UK-style tax code that would surely go away?)

Is there any reason the current monthly deduction from bank accounts by the revenue cannot be made more general using the same basis as proposed for Prélèvement à la source? The French Government needs more money coming in all year rather than a huge proportion in the third quarter.

Apparently only 43% of households pay income tax. Of those, nearly 60% are already pay in monthly installments. Presumably most of the remaining 17%of income tax payers are already paying in three installments and could be switched to monthly?

I don't have an employer but I have to pay my tax on my pensions/investments, etc. in installments. Until now it has been in three installments but will be monthly from Jan 2019. It needs a reconciliation every year once the actual tax declaration has been made.

goslow
Has thanked: 0

Post by goslow » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:41 am

Finally got an answer to the treason for the delay in getting the Avis des Impots for 2018. We moved departments last year and informed the Impots, however they have been very slow in moving our files, they did confirm that they have received all of the documents and gave us an internal print out of what we will have to pay but would not accept payment. They stamped the internal document to say that we tried to pay. The avis des impots will arrive late November or early December.

All of the above was achieved in the Hotel des Impots in Perpignan, we had previously spent 45 minutes in a smaller office in Cabestany were a very grumpy woman told us that the computer says that we do not exist.
Regarding the White year, the man in Perpignan said that the situation was somewhat fluid and we would be informed in due course.