His name is cracpot but he is not a total cracpot cheap fuel

A place for some light-hearted chat.
mysty

Re: His name is cracpot but he is not a total cracpot cheap fuel

Post by mysty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:13 pm

Grotty apartment in between Mijas and the coast. Not sure if that's spelt right. :oops:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm

mysty1 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:13 pm
Grotty apartment in between Mijas and the coast. Not sure if that's spelt right. :oops:
That's certainly the way I'd spell coast. :D

mysty

Post by mysty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 pm

Kathyc wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:18 pm
mysty1 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:13 pm
That's certainly the way I'd spell coast. :D
I am sure in the rules it says no nit picking :lol: :lol: :lol: I need glasses no question on that, I should have said sea the letters are clearer :lol:
I miss read that I thought I wrote oast :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 pm

going to bed my eyes are not working :lol:

alteza
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by alteza » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 pm

mysty1 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:25 pm
going to bed my eyes are not working :lol:
That is age, drink or type 2 diabetes.

alteza

Post by alteza » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Forgot brain tumor. Sorry.

mysty

Post by mysty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Well I passed a medical and have had one glass of wine over the last 24hrs. Must cut back the drink thanks for the tip.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 am

That's not enough wine to sustain normal life as we know it.

We have been travelling back and forth between here and Spain since we moved here in 1999.

We record every drop of petrol we buy, for all the different cars we have had in that time, together with the mileage, as I keep a continuous record of fuel consumption to make sure all is well with my vehicles.

The price of petrol has never been lower in France than in Spain in all that time.

Maybe crapcot is talking about diesel fuel?

crakpot

Post by crakpot » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Yes the diesel in Irun Spain was 1.059 Euros a litre but if you purchased 30 Euros in the general supermarket they lopped of 5% to fill up my camper van its a great discount on French prices I live near the Pyrenees because I love the mountains and cheap Spanish booze and pipe tobacco never bought any in France for14 years
PS my name is with a k

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Returning to those who record "France or Spain" type posts. Lots of people just don't think things through about wants, likes and dislikes.

We have friends who bought a cave in Spain 8 years ago. In fact, they bought a hole, paid to have it excavated, lined, fitted out with final fixings etc. All in all, a very expensive way to do it. Two and a bit years ago they moved there permanently. They have solar power - a huge ugly bit of kit next to the cave - and he is manic about not turning electric things on; too many lights, only shower or use washing machine when everything else off sort of thing. They boil the kettle on the bottle gas stove. That said, the cave is nice and interesting. It is close to Castillejar "In the mountains" they said but it is around 700m altitude. Before the cave, they had always gone on cruises and had never specifically visited Spain as far as I know. For recreation, she likes to go shopping and he watches cricket on TV, irrespective of who is playing or what time, day or night. Neither of them speak Spannish - they only stuck 3 weeks of evening classes in the UK and, although cheap classes were available in Castillejar, they have always been busy.

When I visited, the countryside around was parched, hot and dusty and, for me, just not very interesting. The distant mountains looked nice and the waste lands above and immediately around had a certain beauty and looked like a posse or red indian raiding party might come down at any minute. But, for me it didn't offer anything as it was too hot to sit out. In the immediate vicinity, there was a bar in either direction. There were a lot of Brits (apologies to any Irish, etc but I didn't meet them) who met up all the time and moaned about "the Spannish" or "they". The small market had a stall selling British food stuffs. There is Granada, Sevilla or the coast to visit but that requires an overnight - and no cricket match in progress! Meals out were very reasonable and a "Full English" out compulsory every morning.

Anyway, enough you get the feel. They are in the process of moving back to the UK - the reason they give is that they never realised how cold it could be in the winter. They will make a huge loss on the cave if they sell it. They are moving to a tiny cottage in Norfolk in the village of Great Cressingham - where there is nothing. They bought the cottage almost 20 years ago on a mortgage, the plan being to use it often but she soon lost interest and it was let out first as a holiday home, and later on long lets.They can't afford to move to their main house on the outskirts of London as they need the rental income from that - it was re-mortgaged to buy the cave in Spain - there is some 5 years or so left to pay on that.

My point in this rather long post is that people just don't really think through what they want or need from a location, in the here and now and for the future. Furthermore, unless you like a country it's people and their way of life, don't go to live amongst them and ignore them to the best of your ability. I am sure our friends will be unhappy in their cottage pretty soon. I am even more sure that they will not bother to learn Norfolkeese.

:ugeek: No it's a wise man!