CMI - stationnement

Hereford
Has thanked: 0

CMI - stationnement

Post by Hereford » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi
My Dad has a "parking permit" issued in 2013 by the authorities in Manche dept.
I need to renew it for him and it seems from looking at the manche.fr site that it has changed to a "carte CMI stationnement" (the cmi standing for carte mobilité inclusion).
I have found (easily) all the paperwork explaining this but cannot find the form to download. Easy still to find a form for the original card!
Has anyone applied for such a card recently please? From what I can read it seems that you may need to use different forms depending on age and whether you get or want to apply for APA. He is 95 and does not get or need APA at present.
Thanks a lot, his Mairie is shut for the hols so can't ask them!

suein56

Re: CMI - stationnement

Post by suein56 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:52 pm

It seems that the previous card has been replaced as you thought by a multifunctional card which is then designated either handicapped or priority or parking for elderly people.

If you read French then the details are here : section 5 deals with how to apply for the appropriate card :
http://handicap.gouv.fr/acceder-se-depl ... s-reponses

There is also this site which explains about the new card :
http://solidarites-sante.gouv.fr/affair ... -personnes
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Hereford
Has thanked: 0

Post by Hereford » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:42 am

Thank you Sue
I had found all the online info on the new card but no form. I managed to ask Dad's doctor yesterday evening and he says the form is not online - one has to get it from the mairie. The form then has to be completed by the doctor too - whereas with the original card the doctor just gave us a letter to send with the application.
Bizarre as so much has been moved online (carte grise, driving licences etc) to actually go backwards!
I will go to a Mairie that is open (!! hols for most round us).

suein56

Post by suein56 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 am

Hereford wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:42 am

I managed to ask Dad's doctor yesterday evening and he says the form is not online - one has to get it from the mairie. The form then has to be completed by the doctor too - whereas with the original card the doctor just gave us a letter to send with the application.
Bizarrely enough this is an attempt to cut down on fraud ! Fraudulently obtained disability and parking cards are, apparently, rife.
This was explained to my elderly friend when she applied for a disabled badge for her car a couple of years ago .. though the form was available from the local medical centre where her Doctor works.
The form was then completed by both of them together in situ and stamped by the Doctor before being dealt with by him directly .. not posted by her !
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically