What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gigi

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Gigi »

Ally wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:02 pm
I've ditched prime. I wasn't getting value for money. I don't watch enough.
We don't watch anything but find Prime good value; I can’t always get to where things I order can be found and the 1 day service us very useful - hypocritical, as I deplore treatment of staff etc.

I should think the subscription cost is covered by the use our extended family make of it over Christmas.

Ally

Post by Ally »

I think all of these streaming services offer good value, but only if you use them. I just don't watch enough to warrant continuing with Prime. I have DVDs, years old, that still have the cellophane on. I mentioned Easy Rider a few weeks back. I watched that because after saying I hadn't seen it, a friend who works in the local library ordered it through the library in Bellac who in turn sourced it in Limoges. Limoges can go national to find books or DVDs or music. My understanding that is available to all of you through your local library.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

jsks wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:29 am
Ally wrote:
I use their Prime lending library and one day delivery thing so along with the, admittedly limited, streaming I reckon its £79 pa reasonably well spent. But it would be the first to go out of Prime, Netflix and NowTV.

Top tip:

NowTV is £8.99 a month for the entertainment package BUT you can get vouchers on Amazon for as little as £2.99 for a month's subscription which can then be applied to your NowTV account. The most I've paid is 5.99.
Yes but you get NowTV cause you are in the UK. I got a fre month and then after I had to log on in the UK - VPN didnt work!!!!!!! I was happy with it - shame.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jsks

Post by jsks »

bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:18 pm
jsks wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:29 am
Ally wrote:
I use their Prime lending library and one day delivery thing so along with the, admittedly limited, streaming I reckon its £79 pa reasonably well spent. But it would be the first to go out of Prime, Netflix and NowTV.

Top tip:

NowTV is £8.99 a month for the entertainment package BUT you can get vouchers on Amazon for as little as £2.99 for a month's subscription which can then be applied to your NowTV account. The most I've paid is 5.99.
Yes but you get NowTV cause you are in the UK. I got a fre month and then after I had to log on in the UK - VPN didnt work!!!!!!! I was happy with it - shame.
Yes, we used a VPN when we lived in France but it was 100% reliable.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

They said I had to log in in the UK not using a VPN so I could watch in France (or anywhere else) so after the free month I didnt do anything. Im going to try to get into my godsons Nexflixt cause he has a space on his.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:53 pm
They said I had to log in in the UK not using a VPN so I could watch in France (or anywhere else) so after the free month I didnt do anything. Im going to try to get into my godsons Nexflixt cause he has a space on his.
No need for that Bubbles, sign up to Netflix France, plenty of foreign (to France) stuff on there.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Spardo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
No need for that Bubbles, sign up to Netflix France, plenty of foreign (to France) stuff on there.
yes but on a little budget so looking for free. Ive tried to sign in to Britbox cause im register'ed with BBC and cant event get that - I live :D

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:19 pm
Spardo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
yes but on a little budget so looking for free. Ive tried to sign in to Britbox cause im register'ed with BBC and cant event get that - I live :D
I got Britbox with no trouble at all and as far as I know I am not registered to the BBC. I thought I would get kicked out after Brexit but so far they are still accepting my £5.99/month.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Man U 2 Man City 0. Have it!
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Unexpected visitor ..
Since yesterday we have a very small wild rabbit who seems to have adopted us/our garden as his home.
OH and I were a tad concerned yesterday when this scrap of a rabbit was first noticed in our garden, as he/she was so very small.
But, today this scrap of fur and ears, has appeared again and stayed a lot longer than yesterday.
Saturday he/she was about for approx 4 hours but today he/she was about and active from 11 til nearly 7 this evening .. perhaps he is getting used to the birds around, above, on the bird house and to the noises in the garden ?
Hopefully he/she will appear again tomorrow, but if he/she doesn't then his/her few hours of activity during the last 2 days have been incredible to have witnessed.
OH and I have been conscious of picking up the binoculars frequently when passing through the kitchen .. just in case he/she is in view and active in our garden.
We think we are so very privileged to have witnessed this appearance in our garden 😊
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically