What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by bubbles1 »

Lol - you should be in Hickville - Dordogne :)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

My new kitchen chairs arrived - 4 days early !! :D :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

why me? wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
Talked this morning to a guy doing a survey of our road so I invited him in for a coffee to quiz him as to what he was surveying for.
Apparently it's for a route for fibre optics but unfortunately he's no idea if & when it'll happen.
They put fibre optics alongside the D road between my commune and the nearby town about 10 days ago. I’m wondering how long it will take to migrate the 1km down my lieu dit.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

My 19 year old Pug 806 has just passed the CT re-test following renewal of brake shoes & cylinder seals to the rear plus a 2nd hand dash assembly.
Cost inc. parts & labour by Claude, our local mechanic was 380€ + 110€ for CT & re-test.
Absolute bargain to keep the old gal on the road for another two years :D

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

So THAT’s what they were doing! Lots of pink and green fluorescent numbers sprayed all around the road outside...

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Some good news today.

I had an email from British Airways concerning my claim for hotel and supper after our flight was cancelled and we were rebooked on a flight the following day. I also claimed for EU261compensation.

The EU261 compensation claim was refused as it was apparently the UK air traffic controllers who foresaw fog at Heathrow the following evening and needed to space flights out more.

However, my claim for our stay at the very comfortable Pullman hotel at Marseille airport and room service supper was accepted and payment should be in our bank account in a few days.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Gardengirl wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:36 pm
Some good news today.

I had an email from British Airways concerning my claim for hotel and supper after our flight was cancelled and we were rebooked on a flight the following day. I also claimed for EU261compensation.

The EU261 compensation claim was refused as it was apparently the UK air traffic controllers who foresaw fog at Heathrow the following evening and needed to space flights out more.

However, my claim for our stay at the very comfortable Pullman hotel at Marseille airport and room service supper was accepted and payment should be in our bank account in a few days.
Can I ask what price the flight was please ? just being nosey. :P
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Nosey’s allowed 😊

Club Europe (business by another name), £170-ish each.

jsks

Post by jsks »

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 pm
Nosey’s allowed 😊

That's very good for a return flight.

Went to Barcelona last year with BA. About £90 each in cattle, £350 each in Club! No way.

Got a cheap upgrade earlier this year (Barcelona again but one way) on a reward flight. I think it was £79 each on top of the air miles and £17.50 fees. The lounge was very pleasant and OH got through a bottle of Champagne on the flight, but the seats are no better and we didn't need the extra baggage allowance. If you get a good deal like you did then it's worth it but I wouldn't pay normal prices - not on BA

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

jsks wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:47 pm
Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:30 pm
Nosey’s allowed 😊

That's very good for a return flight.

Went to Barcelona last year with BA. About £90 each in cattle, £350 each in Club! No way.

Got a cheap upgrade earlier this year (Barcelona again but one way) on a reward flight. I think it was £79 each on top of the air miles and £17.50 fees. The lounge was very pleasant and OH got through a bottle of Champagne on the flight, but the seats are no better and we didn't need the extra baggage allowance. If you get a good deal like you did then it's worth it but I wouldn't pay normal prices - not on BA
No, sorry to have misled you - the flights were single, not return. Our son had booked our flight out to Marseille with his points/miles or whatever they are called, but we hadn’t decided on a return date at that time.

I forgot about the lounges included in the fare, excellent lunch and champagne at Heathrow but only sandwiches at Marseille, but all very good to have, away from noise and bustle.