Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:08 pm
New or secondhand parts?
Mostly second hand.
Big outfit with great service,
Check 'em out by tapping their name into Google. BART EBBEN. nl

CRAZY DIAMOND

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Watched Strictly this evening and was absolutely blown away by the routine danced by Carlos Acosta to a number from Bizet's Carmen as part of the introduction. Lord have mercy it was bloody, bloody sensational. Shame we can't have more of that stuff and less of the "celebrities". But I don't like Strictly ………….

Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Ally wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:44 pm
Driving towards Bellac in thick fog, I didn't see the car behind me until he indicated at the last second to overtake. I turned to my left and mouthed something along the lines of "Fekin tool" ... at two gendarmes. It prompted the driver to switch his lights on, so mission accomplished.
PS if you're reading this M. Flic, you've only got one taillight and one brake light.
During the summer I was riding my motorbike over the Saint Gotthard pass in the pouring rain and zero visibility when, despite proceeding very slowly, I almost ran into the back of a Dutch car with no lights on. Many km later I pulled up alongside him and asked why he was driving without lights. He answered that he did have lights on, the daylight running lights on his car were on all of the time. That’ll be the two LEDs at the front then. I pointed out that that didn’t really help anybody behind him.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

why me? wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:29 pm
Aardvark wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:08 pm
New or secondhand parts?
Mostly second hand.
Big outfit with great service,
Check 'em out by tapping their name into Google. BART EBBEN. nl
Many thanks for that. Looks like a huge selection of stuff with a good website. A shame you have to request prices though. :good:

Sidandus

Post by Sidandus »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:05 pm
Watched Strictly this evening and was absolutely blown away by the routine danced by Carlos Acosta to a number from Bizet's Carmen as part of the introduction. Lord have mercy it was bloody, bloody sensational. Shame we can't have more of that stuff and less of the "celebrities". But I don't like Strictly ………….

Syd.
Totally agree about Carlos Acosta. I do love Strictly and, even though I’d heard of only 4 of the celebs at the start, I find it makes no difference to me. I just love watching their progress through the weeks. On the other hand OH loathes it and finds other things to do when it’s on. Thank goodness we don’t all like the same things - what a dull world it would be.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Talked this morning to a guy doing a survey of our road so I invited him in for a coffee to quiz him as to what he was surveying for.
Apparently it's for a route for fibre optics but unfortunately he's no idea if & when it'll happen.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Looks like we might have another place sold, price agreed.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

:good:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

mysty

Post by mysty »

why me? wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:31 pm
Talked this morning to a guy doing a survey of our road so I invited him in for a coffee to quiz him as to what he was surveying for.
Apparently it's for a route for fibre optics but unfortunately he's no idea if & when it'll happen.
Its happening throughout France just now even in the back waters of the Limousin :o
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

It will be lasers by the time they get around to upgrading here in darkest Bretagne.