What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
SW31girl

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by SW31girl »

I don’t have to get up early to let the chickens out - Omlet automatic door now calibrated correctly on light mode setting. Now I just need to wait for a good discount so I can buy another one to open up their enclosed run into the bigger run which is protected by an electric fence.

These must be the most expensive eggs around these parts but our chickens each have very unique personalities so it’s worth it!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Last week I upped my macOS mojave to Catalina - no problem or so I thought until I wanted to use easy scan which normally works perfectly only to find that the ADF worked but the flatbed didn't and of course I needed the flatbed. So I went onto the Hewlett Packard forum to see if anyone could help with the problem and was pleased to get several responses almost immediately saying it's a problem with HP and Catalina and use the apple image scanner. Now not being techy I thought what is that! but someone on the forum explained and low and behold I can now scan via apple - well who knew I didn't :roll: so I'm mighty pleased.....never too old to learn :D
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It started off incomprehensible to me and didnt get a lot clearer but I am pleased and impressed that you not only understand the tech but have resolved your problems with I think your scanner.

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:10 pm
It started off incomprehensible to me and didnt get a lot clearer but I am pleased and impressed that you not only understand the tech but have resolved your problems with I think your scanner.
It started off incomprehensible to me as well :!: ooooooh no I wasn't very clear - not unusual for me as OH would say 'what are you on about now' but it was the flatbed scanner that didn't work - and still doesn't but who needs it - whooooooo hoooooo I've got Apple Image Scan :D
A vos et nos sourires masqués, puisqu’il ne reste que nos yeux pour parler… Déjà hâte de vous retrouver!

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I had a scanner for my business that I never ever managed to get to work, nothing wrong with it just compatibility and my uselessness, gave it away in the end.

In fact I'm pretty sure the second scanner was just as reluctant and was given away.

It was only with my last 3 in 1 printer that I finally managed to scan anything, there are very few scans saved on my computer.

Tom

Post by Tom »

:D Got a €47 credit on our taxes foncières today because of the drought.
“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou »

Tom wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 pm
:D Got a €47 credit on our taxes foncières today because of the drought.
Wait 'till you get the credits for frogs, lice, hail and locusts! But DO NOT let your firstborn out of that cupboard. :good:

Flaneur

Post by Flaneur »

I've started to try and think of things to be grateful for. Today, it's that I don't have a wheat intolerance.
Same old nonsense.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Getting a lovely review from an unexpected source:

C'était simplement parfait!!! Un accueil parfait, la chambre "appartement" était tout simplement irréprochable. Les équipements, la salle de bain, la literie, la cuisine... rien à dire sauf que je le recommande fortement. J'espère y revenir bientôt. Cet établissement vaut bien plus que certains hôtels plus cher et offrant beaucoup moins de prestations et de discrétion. Je le recommande VIVEMENT!!!

I sensed that these people wanted discretion and the minimal of contact, all renters get that as standard, when I do have interactions its at their instigation and I can usually tell if they are happy or dis-satisfied but for the majority after the accueil there is no contact.

"discretion" not being one of the feedback categories its nice to have some validation.

Tom

Post by Tom »

:D Very well done, LD.
“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash