What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by bubbles1 »

My kinda lady :good: :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

OH picked 2.5 kilos of Cepes today, so it is not just us happy but two of our friends who live nearby - share good things with people you like :)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

This inspiring video celebrating 100 years of KLM - Go Girls!! ✈️✈️✈️

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Well, last night really, saw a small movement just inside the patio door, turned out to be a frog/toad. He allowed me to pick him up gently to avoid the dogs treading on him.

Carefully put him down near a pile of cut logs and branches outside.

Think he was a toad, he crawled rather than hopped to safety. :D

Veem

Post by Veem »

Yesterday evening, the first I realised that something was amiss was when three black flashes tore past me across the lounge. We have two (mostly) black dogs; a BC cross and a mini dachsie. We also have 2 black outdoor cats (plus another 3). The penny dropped quickly. The first flash was a cat. We have never let the cats in the house as we know the dogs would attack them. I found Tiny (the little black cat) behind a settee in the jaws of the mini dachsie, with BC looking on. I grabbed both dogs by their scruffs and hauled them into the dining room and returned to see Tiny desperately trying to climb the floor to ceiling bookcase. She made it to the top shelf and hid, complaining bitterly, behind a pile of boxed games. OH came in and managed to take hold of her (she's friendly only up to a point) and let her out through the French window. Minutes later she appeared and ate her supper. She had obviously sneaked in through the front door as OH took the cats' supper out.

So what pleased me today was when she put in her first appearance of the day, seemingly completely unharmed by the incident and wanting to play. Phew.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

We’re having a short break in Albi and today we visited the Toulouse Lautrec museum. It was amazing, with hundreds of his paintings, sketches in charcoal and ink, plus loads of lithographs all of which were wonderful.
Not being an art expert I thought his work solely comprised the Moulin Rouge stuff we’ve all seen on Athena posters over the years, but there was a wide variety of other different work. He only lived for thirty seven years and by the number of his original works on display It appears he spent all the time at his easel. Truly incredible, so glad we went.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:26 pm
We’re having a short break in Albi and today we visited the Toulouse Lautrec museum. It was amazing, with hundreds of his paintings, sketches in charcoal and ink, plus loads of lithographs all of which were wonderful.
Not being an art expert I thought his work solely comprised the Moulin Rouge stuff we’ve all seen on Athena posters over the years, but there was a wide variety of other different work. He only lived for thirty seven years and by the number of his original works on display It appears he spent all the time at his easel. Truly incredible, so glad we went.
Syd.
Oh jealous - Im glad you loved it - he is one of my fav artists

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Scotland beaten by Japan.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

I had a quick reply from M&S to my complaint, saying that a full refund had been authorised.

I had ordered an M&S planter to be delivered to our younger son and DIL for their wedding anniversary. It arrived, but compost had spilled out and 2 plants out of 6 were missing. So I sent off an email to M&S demanding a refund and wrote a rotten review.

I’ll pop a few plants in their planter when we get home and buy them another present, I’ll be having a refund and my rotten review will be there sending out a warning others not to buy that planter.

I would have preferred a perfect planter of course, and feel very let down.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I am sure they appreciated the thought - even though it wasnt perfect