What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
vic evans

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by vic evans »

My missus took one of her horses for a walk in the forest (long story) & lost her phone.
I gave her my phone to enable her to 'ring' & hopefully trace the lost phone & off she set to re-trace her steps.
An hour later, hearing nothing, I thought I'd drive out to try to meet her & found her phone in plain view in the road about 400m from our house so she must have walked right by & not noticed it.
I'm filing that one away for future use. :lol:

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Just heard our first Golden Oriel calling this year - very difficult to see them, but such a distinctive and pleasant call. :D :good:
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." — Mark Twain

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Saw the surgeon who said I was healing very well inside and he was satisfied and so I can start physio in 15 days time - recovery looks like on track - He will make the decision about weight bearing in 5 weeks time :good: :good: meanwhile Im getting better in the wheelchair - F1 here I come :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Veem

Post by Veem »

I completed both French and UK tax forms. Every year I dread this, but this time it was not so daunting as usual. That perhaps means I have got it all wrong ........... :?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Veem wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:17 pm
I completed both French and UK tax forms. Every year I dread this, but this time it was not so daunting as usual. That perhaps means I have got it all wrong ........... :?
Nah - probably means you have got the hang of it :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

My 10 year old favourite little Kodak twin lens pocket camera gave up the ghost today but obselete so no chance of another, or so I thought, as rare as hens teeth.
A bit of Googling found a later blue tooth version on EBay & 1/2 hour later I'd negotiated a price I was chuffed with.
Should be here in a week or so. :good:

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Old french girl going round a roundabout the wrong way this morning. I managed to stop her & said you're going the wrong way round the roundabout. She said "but I want to go there", I said you can go there but you have to go the other way round the roundabout or you'll have an accident but she said "I want to go there". I had one more attempt & then gave up.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

:lol: :lol:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Being able to find and resolve a computer problem without having to bother a man who can, I feel stupid now I have found what caused the problem but its learning nonetheless.

My laptop has been running really slowly for the last week or so, pages taking ages to load etc, I never thought to run a Speedcheck till today and found that I only had IIRC 300kb upload speed and a lot less for download, I am usually connected to the Freebox by an ethernet cable so thought I would try wi-fi instead only to find that it was already on wifi and not ethernet (I have to manually switch between using centre de réseau et partage) and was connecting to the smartphone which does not pick up a strong Free 4g signal here so defaults to the Orange transmitter in the factory opposite and Orange deliberately throttle the debit to less than dial up speeds.

I realise now that last week I was using the mobile as a hot spot for the computer in the UK where it is lightning fast because the UK roaming is not bridé like Orange do in France to Free who share their network, back here it was still connecting to the phone despite my having a wi-fi transmitter in my apartment which would have got me the full 11mb speed.

So I have gobbled up a load of data but still remain well within the forfait, it also explains why the phone battery was discharging so quickly.

I have had a reminder of how slow things would be for me without ADSL or living in a more remote area, good news is I can hang onto the laptop for a bit longer, I really thought it was dead, I also have had a trial run of a week using the phone as a back up were the ADSL to fail and whilst slow I could do everything that I needed to and did not gobble up anywhere near as much data as I thought.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

I am happy that Chancer has not mentioned how many KM's he has run today.

Having said that, it is only 2pm. :D

Go for it Chancer, still time for a jog.