What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
CRAZY DIAMOND

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Here I am again, this time enthusing about Definitively Dusty which is being broadcast on Radio 2. It’s the first of three one hour programmes on the incomparable Ms Springfield, the best ever English singer of modern music. Extremely interesting, hitherto unheard of interviews and of course blissful sounds from the lady with the stunning, haunting voice, insane eyes and incredible bee hive hair do. Magic.
Syd.
Last edited by CRAZY DIAMOND on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:14 pm
Excellent, exciting US Moto GP today with Alex Rins on a Suzuki the surprise winner in front of Valentino Rossi, after Marc Marquez crashed out whilst leading by a country mile. Hopefully this means the 2019 Moto GP championship is wide open. C'mon the Dukes.

So much more exciting than today's yawn inducing, processional, predictable Chinese F1 GP, though that's not difficult. How much longer will people be paying very serious money to watch live such dreary stuff?

Syd.
Oh thanks for spoiling my viewing of the highlights if it's on this week :evil:
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Fitter wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:04 pm
Crazy Diamond wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:14 pm
Excellent, exciting US Moto GP today with Alex Rins on a Suzuki the surprise winner in front of Valentino Rossi, after Marc Marquez crashed out whilst leading by a country mile. Hopefully this means the 2019 Moto GP championship is wide open. C'mon the Dukes.

So much more exciting than today's yawn inducing, processional, predictable Chinese F1 GP, though that's not difficult. How much longer will people be paying very serious money to watch live such dreary stuff?

Syd.
Oh thanks for spoiling my viewing of the highlights if it's on this week :evil:
Sorry about that, but what's a person to do, express their delight about something which pleased them TODAY, or wait until the highlights of the event have been shown days later when the post would be inaccurate? When I searched in our Radio Times to find out which terrestial channel would be showing this year's highlights I couldn't find it listed. They used to be shown on Channel 5, but no longer are. Which channel will be showing the highlights you refer to?

Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Just this sec. put the phone down after a call from a chap with a far eastern accent.
He told me there was a problem with Windows & seemed confused when I told him we'd just had new windows fitted.
He went on to tell me about an 'extention' I needed & when I told him we'd also just built a new extention with new windows he swore & hung up.
Shows how much I know about windows. :D

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

So glad you pissed one of them off Vic. I had to calm my mother down last night who had got into a panic by a cold call even though she knows about these kind of scams, it still upset her.

Ally

Post by Ally »

A sign on a hotel that proclaims, accurately,
"NO ONE BORN THIS CENTURY VOTED FOR BREXIT"
Let that sink in.
let-that-sink-in_o_2517275.jpg
let-that-sink-in_o_2517275.jpg (56.33 KiB) Viewed 444 times

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Five pairs of Red Kites circling overhead as I set out to walk the dogs. :D
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." — Mark Twain

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Is that in France or the UK Biggles?

I enjoy watching red kites, lovely to see swooping around; we generally have 10-12 circling around us where we are in Berkshire. We’re not so far from where red kites were re-introduced 30 years ago on the Buckinghamshire/Oxfordshire borders and now they have spread much further.

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

In deepest Charente, where the sun shone all day!
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." — Mark Twain

Biggles

Post by Biggles »

After a few short practices over the last couple of days, our first Nightingale of the year singing beautifully. We now await the arrival of the competition.