A place for some light-hearted chat.
Ally

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Ally »

Spotty wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm
ajm wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:05 pm
Lunch in the courtyard ( 24C in the shade ) heard first cookoo (no sure that is good) and got a waft of the first bbq
First barbie ? We're on no.4 today :D
No4? Huh! Pussy. If it gets into double figures in Scotland the price of charcoal doubles and the whole country smells of burnt sausages.

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

Went to Mc Dos with son No 1 and then to the cinema to watch Captain Marvel. Brilliant film. I have fallen in love.....again :D

I did not eat anything at Mc Dos BTW. It's for kids. :D

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

I've missed all the previous Marvel/Avengers but it's definitely my sort of film. (Don't know how I've managed to miss them). I also love Xmen, Spiderman and Deadpool .

Do I need to see all the earlier films to be able to understand the story?

Ally

Post by Ally »

Not at all, if Albf is any measure, the mind of a child will suffice.

alittlebitmorefrench

manonthemoon wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:03 pm
I've missed all the previous Marvel/Avengers but it's definitely my sort of film. (Don't know how I've managed to miss them). I also love Xmen, Spiderman and Deadpool .

Do I need to see all the earlier films to be able to understand the story?
Yes and no.

Chronologically in terms of the Marvel time line it is the second film. But I think you would enjoy it better if you had some back story or future story :? .

I have only been introduced to the Marvel universe by my son and I have still quite a few films to watch.

But I do recommend them !!

These are my favs....

- Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2

- Avengers 3 with Avengers 4 (endgame) coming out very soon. That is the going to be the movie of the decade.

- Antman 2

- Black Panther

- Captain marvel

All these movies are pure fun and really funny.
Last edited by alittlebitmorefrench on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mysty

Post by mysty »

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm
Went to Mc Dos with son No 1 and then to the cinema to watch Captain Marvel. Brilliant film. I have fallen in love.....again :D

You can have a nice salad and a doughnut.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

alittlebitmorefrench

mysty wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:49 pm
alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm

You can have a nice salad and a doughnut.
Do you get a toy ?

mysty

Post by mysty »

No idea I do not eat salad. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Ally wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:42 pm
Spotty wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:33 pm
ajm wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:05 pm
Lunch in the courtyard ( 24C in the shade ) heard first cookoo (no sure that is good) and got a waft of the first bbq
First barbie ? We're on no.4 today :D
No4? Huh! Pussy. If it gets into double figures in Scotland the price of charcoal doubles and the whole country smells of burnt sausages.
Sorry Buster but we're not in the land of the hairy kneed :D

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Replaced a small stepper motor on my reverse aircon unit which operates the ventilator position and the balayage (sweeping?) function.

It had been noisy from new in 2007 and recently could close the vent but not lift it open again as the vent often closes during a de-ice cycle it meant it was not heating the room.

The replacement cost a couple of euros from Ali-Express and fitted with a small amount of fettling/adaptation, it works fine now, better than it ever has and is silent, the old one always made ratcheting noises on the balayage function which were loud and annoying.

Shame it didnt break earlier as I have put up with it for years but back in 2007ish I would probably not have been able to find a replacement, I also reckon it was me that broke it in the first place by forcing the ventilator outlet by hand to remove the cover.

I am a happy warm soon to be cool bunny now!
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”