What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
CRAZY DIAMOND

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Yesterday Mme Diamond ordered three items of clothing from Next online. Her order was acknowledged at 11.08 and the goods arrived today at 14.25! Vraiment incroyable, especially when you consider the stuff came from Leeds, via East Midlands airport to Nantes, then ici. Well impressed. Mind you, Next use DHL to deliver their stuff over here which is a good move as their drivers always impress, unlike those of other French courier companies. Oh yeah, there was no charge for (next day) delivery.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Well done Sid, yes there is definitely a difference between the best, DHL, UPS etc and the rest, my Dutch hospitality tray supplier will only use the latter, it costs more and makes him less competitive but he would prefer to lose a customer for whom the last couple of euros would decide a sale than get a bad reputation.

I made the mistake of returning a GPS watch to Amazon.de using Mondial Relai, i know they are crap but at least you can book a parcel and print a label on their website and drop it off at the loacl point relai.

Mine took over a week to get to the hub in Germany (subbed to Hermes) and has not moved since then, tracking shows (in english no idea why) "package will be returned to client" Mondial Relai customer service insists its an error of translation and in French it means "retourner" à Amazon" ie deliver to Amazon, I am not convinced, in any case it has not moved since the 25th.

If Amazon dont recieve it in the next week I will have lost €200.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Put our dossiers in for CDS at Toulouse this morning. The man processing the files commented how good our files were. It took longer to take our fingerprints than go through the papers. Cards will be ready in three to four weeks.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Brambles done & turned to CO2

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

It’s reassuring to know that the seas are getting deeper with Spotty’s help. ;)

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

We picked up our hire car today; it was the first time that my husband has driven for 9 months, on health grounds. It’s a big black beast of a Ford, with sliding doors and a button to automatically close the boot but no reversing camera, which seemed a bit odd for a decent and recent car.

For the first time ever he admitted to having butterflies about driving, but apart from steering the car from its awkward underground parking space to get to the exit, which was slightly hairy, what with the lack of camera and he was on the ‘wrong’ side of the car, the run home was fine, thank goodness.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Re my earlier posting about my lost return package via Mondial Relai to Amazon.de I got an Email from Amazon at 22.00 to say that they have recieved my return and they have creditted me with €8.40 for its postage, think I am €1 down but great service from them.

Mondial Relai and Hermes still show the parcel as at the hub and being returned to me :roll:

Its the communication that has most pleased me, saves me chasing it up and being concerned about a €200 loss.

First defective item in more than a decade that I have had to send back anywhere.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm
Yesterday Mme Diamond ordered three items of clothing from Next online. Her order was acknowledged at 11.08 and the goods arrived today at 14.25! Vraiment incroyable, especially when you consider the stuff came from Leeds, via East Midlands airport to Nantes, then ici. Well impressed. Mind you, Next use DHL to deliver their stuff over here which is a good move as their drivers always impress, unlike those of other French courier companies. Oh yeah, there was no charge for (next day) delivery.
Syd.
I ordered a replacement glass for a coffee maker from Amazon.de on Saturday afternoon. They claimed I would receive it on Monday 25th and it arrived, as promised, in the morning, delivered by the facteur.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Nifty wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:17 pm
It’s reassuring to know that the seas are getting deeper with Spotty’s help. ;)
25 000 years ago the temp plummetted to -80°C in some places & there was a massive drought. I'm trying to help prevent that from happening again & if the sea level rises the beach will come closer & less fuel will be used to get the hordes to the seaside.

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

So, that would act as a traffic calming measure in London as well. Can only be a win win situation.