What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
ajm

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by ajm »

Trip to Angers to collect our cartes de sejour. In and out of the prefecture in about 5 minutes dealt with a very pleasant young man. O happy days!
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

mysty

Post by mysty »

ajm wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:30 pm
Trip to Angers to collect our cartes de sejour. In and out of the prefecture in about 5 minutes dealt with a very pleasant young man. O happy days!
We need to start getting our paperwork together.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

mysty wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 pm
ajm wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:30 pm
We need to start getting our paperwork together.
They don't except drawings BTW 😂

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Wales beat England in the 6 nations round :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

bubbles1 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:03 pm
Wales beat England in the 6 nations round :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:
Enough already! I dread to think how you’re celebrating, but tell me anyway. Moi, I’m celebrating our moral victory with too much cognac. Seriously, your boys done well and were worthy winners. Dammit.
Bon weekend,
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

It was touch (excuse the pun) and go for the first half but then you kinda lost it - brilliant game though.Not celebrating too much as sad stuff going on here. But I have had a wee dram X
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Running both the 5km and 10km races in my village Corrida exactly one year after being stricken with sepsis and having only a 25% esperance de vie, just being capable of doing so fills me with joy and I thank the lord.

But to do a personal best of 23 minutes for the 5km followed by 55 minutes for the 10km after unwisely training 13km yesterday was for me remarkable, to get a podium finish (3rd in class Masters 3) and then to win a €50 Intersport voucher was the cerise sur le gateau :good:

It dont half hurt when I stop moving though, left knee bad but left heel I cannot put any weight on after a sieste and have to gradually work through the pain, if its this bad today tomorrow is going to be a lot worse.

The course record was broken by a young athlete at 15 mins 48 seconds, makes my 23 minutes for a 60 year old who could not run 10 yards until 9 years ago even more pleasing.

After 9 years I am still (just) managing to turn back the clock, my performance has increased and not reduced with age, I was lucky to get under 30 minutes for the 5K until 2 years ago, after the sepsis I restarted from a much worse place than even 9 years ago and never thought I would regain the form against the inevitable ageing.

If only the bon d'achat was for Intermarché and not Intersport :cry: as there is nothing I need or want.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

well done you Dem :good: :good:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Went to the dentist formy 6months chech-up - all well and he didnt charge me, got an appointment for Sept for a deep clean - happy days :good:

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Please someone, buy him a one way ticket. Though I dispute the idea that he hasn’t been on a permanent holiday already.