What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Joinfrance

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Joinfrance »

Tom wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:45 pm
:D Managed to solve a 6x6 Ken Ken puzzle without cheating.
Well, I read the explanation but I’m still none the wiser. I’ll just stick to sudoku...

Tom

Post by Tom »

Well, I read the explanation but I’m still none the wiser. I’ll just stick to sudoku...
"None the wiser, perhaps, my lord but certainly better informed."

:lol: Couldn't resist... but seriously, if you like Sudoku it's well worth having a second look at KenKen.
“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash

Chris

Post by Chris »

The news that Adolf will contest the next presidential election
Please note that there is the F word in the subtitles

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Pleased that leaving our house at 6am this morning was not a waste of time as we have been lucky to see another wonderful house, the kind that your imagination just goes into overdrive as it is just so characterful. I found it so I get a bonus I reckon 8-) :P

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

ATS - How do you keep going? Best wishes for this one.
I'm pleased because today I actually went out shopping, walking, for the first time in 3 weeks. I've had a bad dose of flu.
Another risk from returnng to the UK.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

My new showerroom funiture has been fitted and was finished today - really happy. Looks uptodate and has changed the look - it will be even better when I have finished with my personal touches - little things make me happy :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jsks

Post by jsks »

bubbles1 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:19 pm
My new showerroom funiture has been fitted and was finished today - really happy. Looks uptodate and has changed the look - it will be even better when I have finished with my personal touches - little things make me happy :good: :good:
Photos please. Action pose not required.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Will do when completed - if I remember- ill make apost it note - if it makes you happy XXXX
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

WOW - YOU KNOW WHAT A TECHNO NUMPHTY I AM - I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT I CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC ALBUMS ON UTUBE AND BE ON HERE OR PLAY MY GAMES ALL AT THE SAME TIME - DROWNING OUT BORING FRENCH TV - OH HAPPY HAPPY BUNNY - LIIFE DOES SOMETIMES JUST GET BETTER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

Post by Tom »

Found an ingenious variation of this type of cotter pin used by France Telécom. Climbed the telephone pole in our field to tighten the sagging cable. Couldn't depress what I thought was the spring clip as in the photo. Eventually discovered that there is a slot in only one of the holes of the U bracket (the one I couldn't immediately see) allowing the cotter pin to be withdrawn but not allowing it to be pulled out. The cotter pin is just pinched when it's made to form a similar shape. What a neat and inexpensive design and clever too, because you can't drop the cotter.

:) The sagging cable, shown below in the far distance, is now high enough to allow the field to be mown.

“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash