What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
After the Storm

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by After the Storm »

:oops: just glad I didn’t put this link up https://www.climbers-shop.com/11103284/ ... water.aspx but in my defence if I did get them and if I did wear them out, they are actually designed in a way that they can have a new sole put on them which is far better than just throwing trainers away once finished (and this is coming from someone who expects things to last years...like Mysty :P )

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Just back from Bishops Waltham, a lovely, picturesque Hampshire country town with butchers, fishmongers and a good old fashioned ironmoger’s. Had a fine pint of Timothy Taylor’s (established 1858) bitter in the Barley Corn - a smashing old pub with Christmas decorations, carols playing and a warm welcome. All very schmaltzy I know, but boy it was all most enjoyable and something the French (in our area at least) could learn from. Oh yeah, the weather is nice too - bright, sunny with a temp of 12 degrees. That’s externall Ally.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Christmas shopping now done, turkey in the fridge. Lunch out tomorrow and all main baking now finished. Time now to take it easy and enjoy!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

Went to sleep last night in the total dark of a place without any lights, but my host had put glostars all over the ceiling, so it was lovely.
Then this morning a friend came and tidied up all the straggly plants in front of the house and it looks all clean and tidy, so feeling good.

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

bubbles1 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:20 pm
Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 pm
Seeing my brother enjoy tucking into his belated birthday lunch at their local pub, it’s a gastropub, a really good one if rather pricey. He hadn’t been feeling up to going out plus my husband had a few medical appointments so arranging it was a bit tricky. It was good to see the staff greeting him, ask how he’s doing - he and my late SIL used to be regulars there. It was a really good outing for us all.
Wonderful foryouall - hugs X
Thanks Bubbles, it was so good to see him really relaxed and enjoying a good meal.

Today my husband and I walked 10km in the fields and woodland of Basildon Park, a NT house near the Thames at Pangbourne. It’s been a lovely day, sunny and 13C, sunny for most of the time and a real pleasure to be out and about in peace and quiet.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Absolutely stonking game of football at the Etihad stadium tonight with Man City beating Liverpool 2-1. Entire match played at 100mph and a credit to the English Premier League. Fantastic game of football. Premiership wide open and up for grabs. Love it. FA Cup starts proper this weekend.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

As far as I know all my friends and famiy are well, those I care for who have been poorly are getting better and it didnt bloody rain :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Picked up our C d S today.
Do we really need 'em ? I dunno
Will they be usefull? Absolutely as only this morning my wife was asked for proof of her maiden name for a document the local laboratory wanted to produce for her blood group ( I think). Her passport was no good.
This morning she had nothing, tomorrow morning she can produce evidence.
It'll be a good proof of ID & easy to carry as credit card size.
What's not to like?

mysty

Post by mysty »

Getting home after a long drive
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Heading home soon, flights booked.