What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gigi

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Gigi »

Seeing my brother enjoy tucking into his belated birthday lunch at their local pub, it’s a gastropub, a really good one if rather pricey. He hadn’t been feeling up to going out plus my husband had a few medical appointments so arranging it was a bit tricky. It was good to see the staff greeting him, ask how he’s doing - he and my late SIL used to be regulars there. It was a really good outing for us all.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

PatF wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:19 pm
Israeli Drone Dome has saved Gatwick :good:
Oh no it hasn’t!
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

It's behind you

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

In Angleterre at the moment and, apart from the horrendous traffic, enjoying things. Lovely mild weather with a temp of 12 degrees at 18.00, diesel at £1.289/litre at Tesco and we’ll shortly be tucking into a stonking prime Irish sirloin steak, a steal at £14.99/kilo. This will be accompanied by too many glasses of U’s excellent Cotes du Rhône. Ah c’mon, it’s almost Christmas!
Bon weekend,
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:50 pm
Seeing my brother enjoy tucking into his belated birthday lunch at their local pub, it’s a gastropub, a really good one if rather pricey. He hadn’t been feeling up to going out plus my husband had a few medical appointments so arranging it was a bit tricky. It was good to see the staff greeting him, ask how he’s doing - he and my late SIL used to be regulars there. It was a really good outing for us all.
Wonderful foryouall - hugs X
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:03 pm
In Angleterre at the moment and, apart from the horrendous traffic, enjoying things. Lovely mild weather with a temp of 12 degrees at 18.00, diesel at £1.289/litre at Tesco and we’ll shortly be tucking into a stonking prime Irish sirloin steak, a steal at £14.99/kilo. This will be accompanied by too many glasses of U’s excellent Cotes du Rhône. Ah c’mon, it’s almost Christmas!
Bon weekend,
Syd.
23.20 here & 13.2°C :D

Ally

Post by Ally »

Central heating on the blink?

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

I agree CD, prices are very low in the shops, be it the supermarkets or clothing shops (not that I have been in too many of them). Did look in Clarks whose prices compared to those in France are very low (anyone looking for walking/trainer types they have very good ones at around just £67 :P ).

I’ve been meeting people that I have not met before who, when they find out I live in France, invariably tell me how they might be joining me soon. They usually go straight into what they think about Brexit and how it’s all a mess with them either wanting a second vote or for it just to be stopped. And that is before I have expressed my opinion on it. It seems it is not just on the forum that people want to talk about Brexit.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Ally wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:36 pm
Central heating on the blink?
Outside ya donk, C/H doesn't come on 'til 2019. :D

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

After the Storm
"(anyone looking for walking/trainer types they have very good ones at around just £67). "

Holy cow! :o Is that cheap? Just shows how much things have changed since I've had to do any shopping. I agree Clarks are excellent shoes. I have weird shaped feet and have never found it easy to get shoes that don't hurt but Clarks are so well designed and have enough fitting options that they work. I just get S/H ones off ebay to get them at an affordable price.