What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Le Démerdeur

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Having the courage to drag myself out of a warm bed and to go running with the club at zero° celcius :shock:

Lovely sunny day, freezing cold one side of the canal, cross the lock gate to the other side where the sun had already warmed and it was glorious, up the very long hill to the Australian memorial at Villers Brettoneux to thoroughly warm through and then back down, 10km, 1 hour and definitely worth the effort and not as cold as I was expecting.

In the afternoon DIY repairs on the car, rear suspension strip down, replace rear springs with heavy duty ones, new shock absorber bump stops and top sleeves (one missing from bodging garage), very rusty as car has lived by the sea but all came undone with persuasion, the old reflexes are still there its just my eyesight hindering me.

Someday soon I will have a garage in this country to move all my UK workshop stuff from and I will offer myself a vehicle ramp as grovelling around on the floor no longer has the attraction it once had, I think to be able to work at a comfortable height and with good lighting will make all the difference and should give me an extra 20 years, without it I can see why so few retirees want to work on their own vehicles.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

A very girlie thing. Having had to shampoo my hair in Betadine and lived with the consequences since Monday I booked myself into my haiirdressers for a deep treatment - what made my day -my lovely hubbie paid for it to cheer me up :D :D :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

That must feel extra good! How is your hand doing?

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:28 pm
Having the courage to drag myself out of a warm bed and to go running with the club at zero° celcius :shock:

Lovely sunny day, freezing cold one side of the canal, cross the lock gate to the other side where the sun had already warmed and it was glorious, up the very long hill to the Australian memorial at Villers Brettoneux to thoroughly warm through and then back down, 10km, 1 hour and definitely worth the effort and not as cold as I was expecting.

In the afternoon DIY repairs on the car, rear suspension strip down, replace rear springs with heavy duty ones, new shock absorber bump stops and top sleeves (one missing from bodging garage), very rusty as car has lived by the sea but all came undone with persuasion, the old reflexes are still there its just my eyesight hindering me.

Someday soon I will have a garage in this country to move all my UK workshop stuff from and I will offer myself a vehicle ramp as grovelling around on the floor no longer has the attraction it once had, I think to be able to work at a comfortable height and with good lighting will make all the difference and should give me an extra 20 years, without it I can see why so few retirees want to work on their own vehicles.
Genius DIY car ramp - the appliance of science!
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

Tom

Post by Tom »

:good: Great idea for a ramp.

Was pleased today when, during a broadcast of the mass from Lourdes, the congregation was asked to pray for Europe because of Brexit. Surely it could have been no coincidence that the accompanying hymn was the quintessentially British "Abide with me".
“The cow is of the bovine ilk;
One end is moo, the other milk."
—Ogden Nash

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

Tom wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:27 pm
:good: Great idea for a ramp.

Was pleased today when, during a broadcast of the mass from Lourdes, the congregation was asked to pray for Europe because of Brexit. Surely it could have been no coincidence that the accompanying hymn was the quintessentially British "Abide with me".
That's distinctly undemocratic if the big whooshy bearded skydad takes sides :lol:

Ally

Post by Ally »

Tom, Tom, Tom. Quintessentially British? That is wrong on so many levels.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Gardengirl wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 pm
That must feel extra good! How is your hand doing?
Good thanks-nurse today bit concerned about one place but Im seeing the surgeon tomorrow so no probs. I normally heal qhuickly so hope to be driving again by this time next week :)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

jsks

Post by jsks »

Noisette wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:14 pm
None of us English dare write 'English' any more 😐
As often as you like except when referring to GB or UK. They are 3 completely different entities.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Noisette wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:14 pm
None of us English dare write 'English' any more 😐
Why not?