What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Joinfrance

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Joinfrance »

Yesterday... went to visit a new friend, came away with loads of tomatoes, figs and walnuts, and a couple of butternuts .Oh, yes, and a humane mouse trap! Yesterday, for the first time since I have been here, I saw a mouse in the house...

I took them some marmalade and some quince jam, and promised to show them how to make Christmas pudding! Lovely afternoon sitting in the sunshine on the top of their hill.
Today it's raining, we really need it. The forecast said there would be about 3 weeks rain in one day. it doesn't look like that here, it's not even that heavy, but I'm glad of it all the same, the river outside my house is a mere trickle.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Excellent finish to today’s Thai Moto GP which was the first ever. Shame we had to wait until the final few laps for some real excitement and edge of the seat dicing, but it was worth it as Marquez just squeezed past Dovizioso to win. Eat your boring heart out F1.

Bon dimanche,

Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Was pleased that the house we went to see early this morning was a wonderful, ancient, tumbling down wreck that looks untouched from the day it was built (date above the door was 1848). Then stopped off by a lake to finish the coffee left in the flask before heading back to the house we are working at to lay a first line of brick which we got done just before it started raining :P Work has now finished for the day.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

The first episode of the new Doctor Who series. Bloody marvellous, Jodie Whittaker as the new doc is sensational and a really scary new monster who had a face covered in human teeth he’d prised from the mouths of his victims. Streets ahead of Bodyguard.
Syd.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 pm
The first episode of the new Doctor Who series. Bloody marvellous, Jodie Whittaker as the new doc is sensational and a really scary new monster who had a face covered in human teeth he’d prised from the mouths of his victims. Streets ahead of Bodyguard.
Syd.
Dont watch it any more - some things should not be meddled with and IMO Dr Who is one of them. Will probably never watch it again after more than 50 years of being a fan? I am all for change and stuff but it is like saying Rupert isnt a little bear or JB is a woman -NNNNAAHHHH
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

The BBC World Service interview with the peerless Kate Atkinson on World Book Club this evening. Great to hear from such an intelligent, interesting, amusing author answering questions from avid fans throughput the world about her wonderful novel Life After Life. All in all it’s been a most pleasing Sunday.
Syd.
Mahatma Gandhi.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

bubbles1 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 pm
Crazy Diamond wrote:
Syd.
Dont watch it any more - some things should not be meddled with and IMO Dr Who is one of them. Will probably never watch it again after more than 50 years of being a fan? I am all for change and stuff but it is like saying Rupert isnt a little bear or JB is a woman -NNNNAAHHHH
If, as you say, you've been a fan and watched it for more than 50 years you will have seen 11 or 12 doctors in that time which presumably wasn't a problem and didn't spoil your enjoyment. Could it be this uber girlie, who is "all for change" doesn't think The Doctor should be played by a woman? Perish the thought! What is like saying Rupert isn't a little bear? Please explain.
Jodie Whittaker is an inspired choice for the latest Doctor. Why not at least have a look next Sunday? Now if you were complaining that the programme should be screened on a Saturday, not Sunday, I'd agree.
Syd.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 pm
Crazy Diamond wrote:
Syd.
If, as you say, you've been a fan and watched it for more than 50 years you will have seen 11 or 12 doctors in that time which presumably wasn't a problem and didn't spoil your enjoyment. Could it be this uber girlie, who is "all for change" doesn't think The Doctor should be played by a woman? Perish the thought! What is like saying Rupert isn't a little bear? Please explain.
Jodie Whittaker is an inspired choice for the latest Doctor. Why not at least have a look next Sunday? Now if you were complaining that the programme should be screened on a Saturday, not Sunday, I'd agree.
Syd.
Love the reply -yes this uber girlie is not happy with a female Dr Who. As I said somethings should not be meddled with. The Rupert Bear thing is like saying we are going to change Rupert Bear from a little white bear into a large brown bear - sorry I didnt think I would have to explain that. ;)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

England 12 - Springboks 11. Well done boys. An exciting game which had us on the edge of our seats until the final whistle and beyond when the video ref was called in to decide if Owen Farrell's tackle was fair. It was and the result stood. Oh yeah, Bournemouth 1 - Man U 2 was a bit tasty too.

Syd.
Mahatma Gandhi.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

Learning that my OH doesn't have to work this Christmas so a nice Christmas here in France. 🎄🎄🎄🎄