What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Mike

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Mike »

Spent a couple of hours harvesting our Walnuts this afternoon, good crop from one tree, may have to go around the other four.

Mike
Walnuts 2.jpg
Walnuts 2.jpg (87.02 KiB) Viewed 365 times

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Went and did Tai Chi yesterday with a French friend. The class started with meditation first. I was pleased that I could just about follow the class as it was all in French. I made a complete hash though of the tai chi. It’s really hard to do. But as my leg muscles are aching the exercise must be good for me. I’ve signed up for classes up to Christmas!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

While I was out yesterday UPS delivered packs of Duchy Originals sausages and unsmoked bacon (I’m not so keen on the smoked bacon I can buy here). I broke up the packs sent and vacuum packed them into smaller amounts. We now have more than enough to see us to and past Brexit - roll on Sunday breakfast!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

SW31girl wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:14 am
Went and did Tai Chi yesterday with a French friend. The class started with meditation first. I was pleased that I could just about follow the class as it was all in French. I made a complete hash though of the tai chi. It’s really hard to do. But as my leg muscles are aching the exercise must be good for me. I’ve signed up for classes up to Christmas!

Good for you; I was planning to join a Tai Chi class at a club I belong to but as I haven’t yet quite got my balance back right following a fall, I’ll have to wait a bit longer. Thanks for the warning about it being hard - it’s as well to know!

jsks

Post by jsks »

I wanted to join a yoga class but it was very expensive. I didn't want to get overstretched.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

Lunch with a big group of friends, mainly French and English with a few assorted ‘mongrels’.

We had booked for the market lunch for 24 at a fairly new restaurant in town.

It was really good, mackerel starter with delicious assorted diced vegetables including lots of pomegranate seeds. That was followed by lamb, perfectly pink, really succulent, very good to be able to serve everyone at once with perfect lamb. It was served with butternut squash purée and poached pear, a great combination. Dessert was caramelised fresh pineapple with vanilla icecream and raspberries, followed by coffee served with almond tuile biscuits. Delicious and we had great company and constantly refilled carafes of local wine.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

A blinding, sunny day with the temp in the 20s in October! The start of the latest series of Have I Got News For You. Truly wonderful, witty, clever, entertaining, satirical humour. Great stuff, laughed and loved it.

Bon weekend,

Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

I collected my enlarged wedding ring today! It had to be cut off in February here in France at a local jewellers as it was so painful, and was told to allow 3/4 months for the swelling to subside.

That didn’t happen, so had xrays in the UK which showed that the problem was arthritis and the joint would be permanently swollen.

I popped in to the jeweller’s on Thursday to have the ring re-sized, went in today to collect it, bright and shining as new. It even cost less than they had quoted.

It’s so good to be able to wear it agan, I wore it for 50 years before it was cut off, need a day or two to become used to a wider ring, but so good to have it slipped (actually pushed hard) back on my finger by my husband.

I’m thinking I’ll bring my engagement and eternity rings back down next time, have them all back together on my finger instead of those two sitting in a drawer back in the UK.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Saw photos today of the kitten in her new home, looks very settled and happy there.

Mike

Post by Mike »

With the decent weather we have experienced of late, I popped back to our place, courtesy of Ryanair, and gave the Gazebo base two coats of stain, next job is to re-mastic the expansion joints around the pool, just hope its stays fine.
Base finished.jpg
Base finished.jpg (83.7 KiB) Viewed 427 times
As I write this I can hear the rain on the Velux, inside job tomorrow it seems.

Mike