What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
SW31girl

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by SW31girl »

Went to my first market in the centre of Toulouse. It was enormous and very good natured. The variety and quality of the produce was amazing. Then sat at a bar drinking coffee and watching the world go by followed by a lovely long lunch. Not a bad Sunday!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

After the Storm wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:20 am
Hope the day is perfect Gardengirl :)
Thank you so much, ATS.

It was a lovely day; everything went perfectly, the sun shone, the sea sounded gently on the stony beach that the hotel overlooks. We sat out in the sunshine facing the Victorian summerhouse where the signing took place, my reading went well, thank goodness, and our son and now son-in-law were just delighted to be surrounded by loving family, friends and colleagues on their happiest of days.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Well, Well, Well, during June we had a particularly bad storm which brought down a main electrical pylon, this cut off the whole area for about forty eight hours, I just received an e-mailed giving notification of a €216.00 rebate on the bill, obviously this will be taken off our next bill and not paid to us, but nevertheless a welcome rebate.

Incidentally the pylon that came down also supplied the water pumping station, therefore we where without water for thirty six hours, will have to contact our supplier to see if they are also offering a rebate.

Mike

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Had a lovely lunch out with Hubbie and relaxed this after - he is now watching crap (imo) French TV !
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

curtis

Post by curtis »

At the moment Echappées Belles is on which is not crap, imo! But, he could be watching something else.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Oh has decided to go to San Di Ago to visit her cousin, which means I can do what I want for 14 days, wooooooopy, damm she just thrust a list of things to do in front of me. Wheres the crying smilie when you want one.

Mike

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

curtis wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 pm
At the moment Echappées Belles is on which is not crap, imo! But, he could be watching something else.
Trust me - he was !!!!
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Lots of champagne, cards and some presents - it was my birthday on Sunday.

Plus we arrived back in France after 3 months in the UK doing too much gardening and too many medical appointments.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Well, since nobody else has, I'll wish you many happy returns.
I'm having a happy return to Scotland today. A Chinese tonight. Brilliant after months of foreign food.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Is that an oxymoron?

Mike