What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Joinfrance

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Joinfrance »

Give it time! Here at least it looks like it's going to be another glorious day. Hopefully with a spot of rain later so I don't have to water the pots...

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Our local Intermarché has a promotion on Heineken. It's selling 3 packs for the price of two, which means the price works out at €1.36/lt. Wonderful stuff, all we need now is some hot, sunny weather so I can enjoy it. Nah, just kidding, a bon weekend beckons.

Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

It was yesterday actually but myself and a couple of friends now have another good local restaurant to add to our list.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

A visit to our local market (Fontenay-le-Comte) which has recently been refurbished at looks splendid. Leclerc has Roche Mazet 3L bibs on offer - buy two for €11.90 which, if I've done me sums correctly, amounts to €1.49 bottle. That for a very palatable Cinsault rosé is truly astonishing value. After all that excitement we settled down to watch South Africa v England at rugby and were treated to an amazing, incredibly high scoring match where the home team won by 42 points to 39.

All in all a very pleasing day.

Bon weekend,

Syd.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Had a lovely lunch in the sun with friends onn our patio. Some others popped round for a slurp and to collect some girolles. Now going out on patio to eat a lovely dinner. The sun shone, got all my washing dry - and the two older cats got adopted from the kitten refuge - Im a very happy bunny very happy bunny :D :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Judging by the lack of posts there aren't many folk out there who've had a pleasant day which is sad, maybe you've been too busy toiling, but delighted to report ours has been splendid. Started off with a truly wondrous lunch with friends, then back in time to watch magnificent Max Verstappen ace the Austrian F1 and later watched a truly stonking, edge of the seats Moto GP at Assen where 5 or 6 riders were dicing for first place before Senor Marquez eventually brought his Honda home to win. It don't get any better than that.

Bon dimanche,

Syd.
Mahatma Gandhi.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

I have had a brilliant day - I just posted on another thread and dont want to bore people with duplicate posts - thats all. There are not many days which go by where I am not pleased by something - I love life XX

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

I’ve had several brilliant days.
This was what I wrote for Saturday on another site

yesterday was a good day. First thing I made two clafoutis. Then off to the market. Clog dancers up and down the alleys, lots of music everywhere. Met a few friends as usual. Left one clafoutis for my adopted family. Temperature 37c at midday.

Came home, had a siesta, finished my book then went back into Tulle for Nuits de Nacre (which isn’t just nights, it goes on all day!) First people I met were friends who had bought a tub of raspberry sorbet and were sitting on the ground eating it, using their supermarket loyalty cards as spoons. I joined them – just to help, you understand, and listened to a couple of bands. There was a one man band who was amazing! then went for a wander. Listened to lots of brilliant music of every conceivable genre, all with at least one accordeon. There was another troupe of dancers, their band contained 3 accordeons, a cornemuse, (bagpipes) a guitar and a viel a roux (hurdy gurdy)

In the square the town had had the wisdom to set up a brumatiseur amongst the trees. It’s a thing that sprays a fine mist of water, so when you walk under it, it’s very refreshing. Again, kept meeting friends all over the place, spending time here and there. Eventually came home at 10pm – early but I was tired.

Decided to water my triffid and the tomatoes which are on the street. My neighbour saw me and came down to say hello. She came in and we had clafoutis and home-made orange wine. Went to bed and slept until 7am! unheard of for me!

Today was equally good.
Went to a vide grenier in Tulle and bought an electric hot plate (for melting the wax for candlemaking) for 7€! Went to listen to an hour of music, met friends. Normal! Came home, siesta, then went back into town. Some really unusual and interesting music, then went to choir practice. Just finished making bread and hummus so think it,s probably time for bed. Visitors arriving early tomorrow.

crakpot

Post by crakpot »

A thunderstorm complete with hail ,bliss

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance »

IT's rained here too. Yes, bliss, cool!
Didn't here any thunder, but then, once I'm asleep I'm out like the proverbial light...