What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
hez

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by hez »

Well it was 2 days ago, so cheating really, but sonny phoned and told us he and his other half have booked the ceremony and their wedding is on in April next year. Their little girl and the twinnies will be flower girls. They will all be just over 2 so thats going to be fun. Better start practicing now :D Can't wait. :)

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

vic evans wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:59 pm
vic evans wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:42 pm
Just finished the service on my tractor I was going to do before I put her away for the winter :oops:
I've also managed a decent cut on what passes for 'the lawn'. it's so hot the cuttings were drying before I'd finished.
Guinness o'clock now with some yummy greasy crisps :D
As it chucked it down during the night & is raining as I type ,today I'm really pleased I cut 'the lawn' yesterday :lol:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

The su shone all day - got washing dry and our old pouch spent most of the day outside soaking it up :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

The England ladies’ netball team beat the Ozzies on their home turf to the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games. What a match, and I don’t even understand netball. For once we had a close fought, exciting F1 race, this time in China with the delightful, ever-smiling Daniel Ricciardo reigning supreme. Still ain’t a patch on Moto GP.

Bon dimanche,

Syd.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Saw a bird in the garden I had not seen before, looked in our bird book and it turns out to be a "Lesser Redpoll" not supposed to be in SE England it seems, wonder if they are changing their habitat and will eventually get into France?

Mike

Doug

Post by Doug »

No pleased i fact hissed off, started early strimming the jungle and after 45 minutes rain stopped play, cant expect anything else after four days no wet.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 pm
The England ladies’ netball team beat the Ozzies on their home turf to the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games. What a match, and I don’t even understand netball. For once we had a close fought, exciting F1 race, this time in China with the delightful, ever-smiling Daniel Ricciardo reigning supreme. Still ain’t a patch on Moto GP.

Bon dimanche,

Syd.
The netball team were brilliant and it was an exciting match - well done ladies :)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Lovely sunny day and managed to book a long weekend stay in what seems a tasty apartment overlooking the harbour in Landeda. Wonder if I’ll bump into Vic so I can buy him a pint. That’d be good.

Syd.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Because of two holidays next week - hubbie has got the whole week off - result.If weather is nice we will get out an about together - nice lunches etc and do some jobs aroundthe house and garden. :good:

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

I finally managed to get some gardening done. We left the UK in March in rain, having rained for much of the 3 weeks we’d been here, so no gardening at all could be done. The grass was really long and veg and borders were overgrown when we arrived back - it was a bit daunting, but after a couple of bright, dry days it was great to get busy out there.