What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Doug

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Doug »

Noisette wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:11 pm
If you come under Bordeaux, Doug, there's a minimum 18 month delay. Lot et Garonne used to be dealt with in Agen but it's been transferred :roll: A bit like the Carte Grise fiasco....centralisation and numerisation, without installing the personnel or infrastructure to cope with the demand......
Looked online and Bordeaux is now prosessing April 2016 applications ?
Dont you just love French beaurocracy.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Noisette wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:41 pm
I fully intended to apply on the day I'd been here for five years but my mother's illness rather got in the way. She died last year so I've got more time and energy now :) Mission accomplished 8-) (The application, not her death :D )
So sorry - I didnt mean to be crass :(
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Joeblck

Post by Joeblck »

Seeing my first Swallow of the year.
London Irish.

Spotty

Post by Spotty »

joeblck wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:38 am
Hoopoes have arrived too 8-)

pomme homme

Post by pomme homme »

This morning, on another forum, a poster posed the question - if someone tried to take a shot at the US President, what would his secret service shout to him? The poster offered the response - donald, duck! The next poster offered a different suggestion. It was - stand still, Mr President, he may not be a good shot!

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

joeblck wrote:
Just this minute seen our first 'un.
Soon be the chatter of tiny beaks in our old longere. :D

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Just finished the service on my tractor I was going to do before I put her away for the winter :oops:

Elstow

Post by Elstow »

joeblck wrote:
Surprising. I saw my first on Wednesday 11th. In Sussex.

The sun coming out has pleased me enormously today.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

a) it has stopped bloody raining an dthe sun is out.

b) went for a fabbie Chinese/Thai/Japonise meal to a fairly new restaurant recommended by friends. It is large and does buffet and wok service but it is beautifully decorated and lit, lovely ambience; friendly efficient staff and piping hot food, with an incredicble selection of everything salads, sushi and of course cooked meals etc. Big selection of desserts also We were very impressed and it didnt feel like you were eating in the "works canteen". Great selection for Vegitarians but really only salads stuff for vegans. As we are neither it didnt bother us but it is always nice to know.

c) Went shopping to a fairly new magazine - lots of goodies cheap - no not another NOZ - more upmarket. Got a larger carrier bag of goodies for 15 Euros - VHB :D :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

vic evans wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:42 pm
Just finished the service on my tractor I was going to do before I put her away for the winter :oops:
I've also managed a decent cut on what passes for 'the lawn'. it's so hot the cuttings were drying before I'd finished.
Guinness o'clock now with some yummy greasy crisps :D