Re: What has pleased you today

Post by vic evans »

bubbles1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:34 pm
vic evans wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm

A friend popped round to cheer me up and said she had brought two of myfavourite things - ohhhh goodie I said -chocolate cake -nope she said-a bottle of Raspberry flavoured cider. Sounds very strange but it was very moorish if a little sweet for my taste. :D :D :D
What was the other favourite thing? :?
I have lots of favourite things, cake and chocolate being two, cider and raspberries being another two, gin and turkish delight (although not together) etc. So a combination of cider and raspberries incorporatestwo at the same time - like chocolate cake Iam sure people dont want to be borded by a list of my favourite things. :D
Ah! got yer. :good:

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Trying to think what pleased me today......erm.......I think Faulks has a lot to answer for, I’ve lost my usual optimistic self just now.....I guess I’m pleased I’ve got another book to read that doesn’t make me want to walk away from the human race.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl »

I booked a stay in July at a hotel near Sheffield, where we’ll be having a belated get-together for members of our family. Our golden wedding ‘do’ had to be postponed, unfortunately, so we’re having two small ‘do’s’, that one in the north and one in the south of England next month.

Mike

Post by Mike »

DominicBest wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 pm
Mike wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am
My sunglasses have rose coloured lenses and there was only two teams competing for the lead, the rest where just there to make up the numbers, I suggest that you go and watch some lower formula's to see what real racing is all about, not just two teams dominating, don't get me wrong, I love F1 its just not what it used to be, my lasting memory is watching Jochen Rindt at Monaco taking off over every one of the switch backs behind the hotel complex, sadly I was competing in a 24hr race at Silverstone when he died, we stopped the race for two minutes out of respect.

Mike
I suggest you look beyond the podium. There was some great racing going on throughout the field.
Ah so its you who believes all the hype given out by the three amigo's on channel 4, I knew there must be at least one.

Mike

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

You had made up your mind about the race before it was run, I watched it. I accept that it’s not your cup of tea so you chose not too. Your loss. I’m not swayed by you or any commentators I enjoyed what I watched. You carry on living in the past if that floats your boat.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Mike wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:30 pm
DominicBest wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 pm
Mike wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am
My sunglasses have rose coloured lenses and there was only two teams competing for the lead, the rest where just there to make up the numbers, I suggest that you go and watch some lower formula's to see what real racing is all about, not just two teams dominating, don't get me wrong, I love F1 its just not what it used to be, my lasting memory is watching Jochen Rindt at Monaco taking off over every one of the switch backs behind the hotel complex, sadly I was competing in a 24hr race at Silverstone when he died, we stopped the race for two minutes out of respect.

Mike
I suggest you look beyond the podium. There was some great racing going on throughout the field.
Ah so its you who believes all the hype given out by the three amigo's on channel 4, I knew there must be at least one.

Mike
I really haven’t got a clue what you are talking about? Do you?

Mike

Post by Mike »

As a former senior steward for the BRSCC and in the past a regular F4, F3 and Porsche Cup competitor I think I probably do.

Mike

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

It’s stopped raining....oh wait a minute, it’s started again. Hey ho, should mean the well is full when the drought starts again.
Don’t walk away in silence.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

I took more photos of bridges to share with everyone :lol: that pleased me.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

yes but you are not sharing them!!!!!!!
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it