What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
CRAZY DIAMOND

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

mysty1 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:39 pm
He did, I just had the minute updates on my screen. I think it's on canal in France it sounded interesting.
What did you watch it on. Sky?
It was a lot more than interesting. You can see the highlights on one of the ITV channels on Tuesday ( I think ). The live broadcast is on BT, not Sky.

Syd.

Mike

Post by Mike »

My sunglasses have rose coloured lenses and there was only two teams competing for the lead, the rest where just there to make up the numbers, I suggest that you go and watch some lower formula's to see what real racing is all about, not just two teams dominating, don't get me wrong, I love F1 its just not what it used to be, my lasting memory is watching Jochen Rindt at Monaco taking off over every one of the switch backs behind the hotel complex, sadly I was competing in a 24hr race at Silverstone when he died, we stopped the race for two minutes out of respect.

Mike
Last edited by Mike on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy72

Post by Andy72 »

Seems to me that sport particularly team sport reflects how modern society has developed. Without control, the few at the top suck in most of the resources you end up with a situation where competition is competition in name only. Leicester of course were the obvious exceptions in football but you get the feeling that another Leicester is unlikely to happen in football or for that matter in any other sport. I have never been into motor racing but I used to enjoy watching football. I havn’t watched any top flight football for several years now. It is just too predictable.
Don’t walk away in silence.

OTBC

Post by OTBC »

Just been to Lidl and got a Florabest multi strimmer/brushcutter/hedge trimmer/chainsaw/coffee maker etc etc!

What hasn't pleased me today, is the fact that I've got to unbox it and try and put it together later....no rush, it's raining for a change here!

Plus, having to get up really early to drive my son to a rendezvous for his lift to Angers for his work.... Blablacar will certainly benefit from the rail strike.

Mind you, if he'd listened to his dad (yeah, I know that doesn't happen), if he'd learned to drive a couple of years ago when he was "sans" work like I suggested, it wouldn't be a problem!

Hey ho, all part of life's rich tapestry I suppose...........

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Finally dry enough to get my tractor on the field to start clearing up the mess I left on the one fine week we had in February when I cut down about 50 or more copiced chestnut trees with an average base diameter of 30cm. & two big oak trees.There's now about 10 trees left to de-branch & two huge bonfires to light.
I'll then be left with a huge pile of trunks which will need logging, splitting & stacking & will be enough firewood for about 5 years I reckon but that's something for another day.
The really good thing is that my missus finally plucked up the courage to use my little lopping chain saw & got on really well with it so I've now got a branch moving buddy who can now now also trim up trees & the view from our house across open countryside is terrific :good:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Two things - I had a chat with the Doc this morning and she said that as I had been off the anti-inflams for a week and it still hadnt gone completely I could take the 6 day course which I have left - fingers crossed this clears it up.

A friend popped round to cheer me up and said she had brought two of myfavourite things - ohhhh goodie I said -chocolate cake -nope she said-a bottle of Raspberry flavoured cider. Sounds very strange but it was very moorish if a little sweet for my taste. :D :D :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

bubbles1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm

A friend popped round to cheer me up and said she had brought two of myfavourite things - ohhhh goodie I said -chocolate cake -nope she said-a bottle of Raspberry flavoured cider. Sounds very strange but it was very moorish if a little sweet for my taste. :D :D :D
What was the other favourite thing? :?

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Mike wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:37 am
My sunglasses have rose coloured lenses and there was only two teams competing for the lead, the rest where just there to make up the numbers, I suggest that you go and watch some lower formula's to see what real racing is all about, not just two teams dominating, don't get me wrong, I love F1 its just not what it used to be, my lasting memory is watching Jochen Rindt at Monaco taking off over every one of the switch backs behind the hotel complex, sadly I was competing in a 24hr race at Silverstone when he died, we stopped the race for two minutes out of respect.

Mike
I suggest you look beyond the podium. There was some great racing going on throughout the field.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

vic evans wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:22 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:04 pm

What was the other favourite thing? :?
I have lots of favourite things, cake and chocolate being two, cider and raspberries being another two, gin and turkish delight (although not together) etc. So a combination of cider and raspberries incorporatestwo at the same time - like chocolate cake Iam sure people dont want to be borded by a list of my favourite things. :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Loiseau

Post by Loiseau »

Managed first attempt at basic upholstery of our headboard, for which I purchased the foam in January! A few wrinkles, but doesn’t look bad. Must keep an eye out for some strong fabric for final cover - maybe another 6 months to get round to that!