What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
AIIy

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by AIIy »

Breaking the curfew by 8 minutes and getting away with it. I'll go oot eight minutes early in the morning to cancel it oot.
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

You bad man I moved to France to get away from people like you :lol:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:26 pm
You bad man I moved to France to get away from people like you :lol:
Jesus. What was that about? A sair heid this morning I'll bet. I expect he'll turn up sober and shamefaced tonight full of remorse and humility. We've all been there. 🤣🤣
Being funny makes you more attractive.
Beauty fades but sarcasm lives forever.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It didn't happen, you imagined it ;)

Yes I too have been there.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

mysty

Post by mysty »

Getting an email from a customer.

Hi Brian.

We hope you are having a  good Sunday-:)

Whe just have read the documents from the notarie. One thing is confusing as in the documents it stated that there are single glazed windows, but we know from the house ad they are double glazed ?

My wife's surname has a mistake * polish grammar. Last letter is wrong. Her name is Mrs M------not Mrs Mez---'

Polish surnames have masculine and feminine forms. SKI vs.SKA  It is legally required that her surname must be correct.

Apart from that we are ready to sign.

Kind regards 
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Not pleased that I am suffering nor that it means a visit to the médecin at the minimum but pleased that I think I have self diagnosed without the help of Docteur Google the pain that I am suffering which has got a lot worse as the day went on.

I am fairly sure that its a kidney stone, its been close to 30 years since I had the one before but now I have found a way to relieve the pain it gave me a sense of déjà vu. Back then it was undiagnosed & passed through without problem, it was only years later that I read of how the pain could be relieved that I realised.

Probably due to weight gain in the last year, the rest of my life is a lot cleaner than it was back then.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

9FCD3029-0F48-4BAD-A16A-41AA93179BEB.jpeg
36C0FBE7-D9C1-47B2-9492-F5C8B09195DD.jpeg
A60CB9B7-3099-4502-9C84-630BAD46C76E.jpeg
Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:10 pm
DominicBest wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:25 am

Have you ever tried one? The electric motor provides assistance not propulsion, they still require a lot of effort but make hills and head winds more bearable. This results in journeys that are quicker rather that particularly easier. It’s also worth pointing out that possibly 70% of most e-bikes rides are at speeds above the point that the electric motor remains engaged. A lightweight well designed road bike is far more efficient but I’m sure that you wouldn’t be making negative comments about people who ride them.
Yes I have tried them on several occasions, they are not for me.

I made no negative comment about E-bike users, the opposite I congratulated the person.

Even if I did want to make negative comments I would not bother as I could not hold a candle to you who have cornered the market.

I dont understand your comment about the possibly 70% of E-bike rides, are you saying that 70% of the time they are going faster than 25km/h and recieving no assistance? That is not the case of any E-bike I have ever seen and this year most bikes I see on the road and pass (except on hills) are E-bikes, the riders are leisurely turning the pedals without any effort, my average in my 10km hilly radius is 18/19 km/H, best ever 25km/h over 30 minutes, the E-bikes I pass must be averaging significantly less, probably 15km/h
I’ve just cycled over to the Lidl in the next town to me. Here are photos of the stats.
9FCD3029-0F48-4BAD-A16A-41AA93179BEB.jpeg
36C0FBE7-D9C1-47B2-9492-F5C8B09195DD.jpeg
A60CB9B7-3099-4502-9C84-630BAD46C76E.jpeg
As you can see a lot of the journey will have been done above 25kmh where the assistance cuts out.

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 am
Not pleased that I am suffering nor that it means a visit to the médecin at the minimum but pleased that I think I have self diagnosed without the help of Docteur Google the pain that I am suffering which has got a lot worse as the day went on.

I am fairly sure that its a kidney stone, its been close to 30 years since I had the one before but now I have found a way to relieve the pain it gave me a sense of déjà vu. Back then it was undiagnosed & passed through without problem, it was only years later that I read of how the pain could be relieved that I realised.

Probably due to weight gain in the last year, the rest of my life is a lot cleaner than it was back then.
How did you relieve the pain?
Glad to hear your better

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

You are a mind reader, I hadn't said that I am better but am pleased to confirm that today at least I am, I kept changing position during the night, on one side, on my back, on the other side, changing each time when the pain became too much, pressure on the area helped for a while when lieing on my left side.

Towards the end of the night I gradually felt the pain diminish and eventually I slepf for a few hours, today there is no pain just a feeling of bruising or swelling if I probe the area, no more sharp pains on movement.

I havn't seen or felt the calcul pass through when urinating, that can be painfull but not always, I felt nothing last time.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

DominicBest wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:44 pm

I’ve just cycled over to the Lidl in the next town to me.
As you can see a lot of the journey will have been done above 25kmh where the assistance cuts out.
Yes, its called the downhill bits :lol:

You forget that I have actually ridden different examples of these bikes several times despite you stating that I am nothing but an armchair expert, dependant on the level of assistance selected you can pedal an E-bike at 25km/h with no effort other than to keep a slight pressure on the pedals which are geared to turn very slowly for the speed, far too high a gearing to maintain a speed of 25 km/h + on the flat where there is no assistance, the downhill coasts explain the average being slightly above 25km/h.

On the flat with no wind I can pedal at 30km/h but not for any sustained time, this week I did it to pass the 60 km point, downhill I can pedal like a fool up to 40km/h at which point my cadence cant keep up with the bike freewheeling, on every ride I will have a maximum speed of 46 km/h, 52.6 km/h once this week, all these downhill freewheeling sessions will up my average speed as do yours.

Please dont take this the wrong way, I admire you for having done the 18km or was it 36 km on your E-bike and I knwo that you will have been turning your legs and applying some pressure most of the time, its beyond the range that i would cycle with my paniers or the trailer for my shopping, my Lidl has moved, its still within my range but I would have to go around the rocade which is too dangerous.

I will I'm sure one day have an E-bike.