What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
TRRE

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by TRRE »

Quite pleased that, following M. Castex's little speech, as of 3 mai I can move around with a bit less paperwork. Would that I could go and have something for lunch that doesn't come in a paper bag. I am so sick of eating out of boulangeries. I have lost all imagination and have (without fail) un complète, fizzy water and a tartelette framboise. On the plus side, I did have the foresight to sign up to the loyalty programe and I now have enough points to have a FREE complète, fizzy etc :roll:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Did he speak at 19.00?

I was expecting it at 20.00
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

TRRE

Post by TRRE »

18h00. No real suprises, mind. We can move more freely, the orals for the bac are going to happen, schools (though not collèges or lycées) open from Monday and we may be able to go out for a drink about Ascension.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Looks like it was 18.00 while I was on my bike.

I assume that the couvre feu remains in place indefinitely?

That is the only thing that affects me or will change anything for me, I have never bothered with the paperwork and my movements have not been restricted as I have not needed to leave the département.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Its on the TV screen that the couvre feu will be re-evaluated mid May.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

One good thing about using my e-bike so much over the winter is that I am now fit enough to use my mountain bike without feeling a physical wreck after the first steep hill. I’m just trying to explain that using an e-bike isn’t effort free, the motor assists the pedalling. My e-bike is heavy and is a pain to pedal unassisted slowly but at high speeds it is very efficient, a combination of large diameter wheels, good design and gearing make travelling at 25-30kmh on the flat very easy indeed.

TRRE

Post by TRRE »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:59 pm
Looks like it was 18.00 while I was on my bike.

I assume that the couvre feu remains in place indefinitely?

That is the only thing that affects me or will change anything for me, I have never bothered with the paperwork and my movements have not been restricted as I have not needed to leave the département.
Yeah, the couvre feu remains in place. Not that this changes a great deal for me either! I quite like my government mandated bedtime :lol:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Okay - I will try again.

Firstly - we have blackbirds, thrushes, starlings and the robin all munching away at the berries on the ivy plant - lovely.

Secondly - two guys have been clearing my neighbours garden - i live in a semi and it has been a bone of contention for 2 years). Hopefully (acording to themà) they will cut back the tree overhanging my garden tomorrow.

Thirdly - the bins will be removed from our car park (which is opposite our house) next week. Happy because the bloody bin men wont wake us up at 4.30 every Tuesday morning and the recycling bin men wont wake us up every two weeks at 4.30 in the morning. There is also the other advantage that other people who have to pay will stop dumping their crap in our car park :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 pm
Okay - I will try again.

Firstly - we have blackbirds, thrushes, starlings and the robin all munching away at the berries on the ivy plant - lovely.

Secondly - two guys have been clearing my neighbours garden - i live in a semi and it has been a bone of contention for 2 years). Hopefully (acording to themà) they will cut back the tree overhanging my garden tomorrow.

Thirdly - the bins will be removed from our car park (which is opposite our house) next week. Happy because the bloody bin men wont wake us up at 4.30 every Tuesday morning and the recycling bin men wont wake us up every two weeks at 4.30 in the morning. There is also the other advantage that other people who have to pay will stop dumping their crap in our car park :good:
Profanity filter warning: 'bloody' and 'crap' in the same post!

Glad you got it posted in the end, bubbles. 4.30 does sound rather unsociable.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Just been offered a cookie...makes all the hard work in the garden worthwhile today :P