Re: What has pleased you today

Post by mysty »

Getting home and out of the car for a day. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

Chatted to Covid worrying neighbours.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Bald Eagle wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 pm
Could you understand them at 2m through the masks?

Jackie

Post by Jackie »

A day off from gardening today so took the dogs for a walk on the estuary which luckily is exactly 10km from us. Lovely and sunny but a very cold wind blowing off the sea. Now home with a roast cooking in the oven...

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Our new CDS’s have just been delivered.
Though, all the bother that the oh went to to get new ID pics was
a waste of time and money as TPTB have used the old ones.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

whyme? wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:55 pm
Bald Eagle wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:52 pm
Could you understand them at 2m through the masks?
Deaf from birth in right ear, industrial deafness in left ear. Never realised how much I lip-read! However, they know this and talk slightly louder than normal.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Gigi wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:13 pm
I had to make an unplanned visit to the CCU at our local hospital yesterday - that’s not what pleased me, but I must add that the care was fantastic!

What pleased me so much was a phone call just now from someone checking how I was and whether I’d managed to get a good night’s rest. I explained that I’d only been admitted to the ward for a few hours, but that, yes, I’d had an excellent sleep and was glad to be back home in my own bed.

The caller was part of a team phoning everyone on a list from our hospital group discharged from hospital the previous day to see if they are OK, have any worries, have access to food etc. It’s been running for about a year, when it was found that some people discharged from hospital were ‘falling through cracks’, were alone and worried - a problem made very much worse due to Covid.

I don’t know if this happens in other UK hospitals or in French hospitals but I thought it was a fantastic idea and said so - apparently comments are noted down, and hopefully will be helpful in getting funding extended. 👍
Everytime I have been in hospital here in France (even if only as a day patient) I have always been telephoned the next day to check if I was okay and confortable and if I had any problems.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Received my letter from Pensions Dept to confirm my pension. Letter arrived today and the payment went into my French bank account 4 days ago!! However, the good bit is that from the day after the payment was made I get an increase of 3 pounds a week!!!!! :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

bubbles1 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:07 pm
Gigi wrote:
I had to make an unplanned visit to the CCU at our local hospital yesterday - that’s not what pleased me, but I must add that the care was fantastic!

What pleased me so much was a phone call just now from someone checking how I was and whether I’d managed to get a good night’s rest. I explained that I’d only been admitted to the ward for a few hours, but that, yes, I’d had an excellent sleep and was glad to be back home in my own bed.

The caller was part of a team phoning everyone on a list from our hospital group discharged from hospital the previous day to see if they are OK, have any worries, have access to food etc. It’s been running for about a year, when it was found that some people discharged from hospital were ‘falling through cracks’, were alone and worried - a problem made very much worse due to Covid.

I don’t know if this happens in other UK hospitals or in French hospitals but I thought it was a fantastic idea and said so - apparently comments are noted down, and hopefully will be helpful in getting funding extended. 👍
Everytime I have been in hospital here in France (even if only as a day patient) I have always been telephoned the next day to check if I was okay and confortable and if I had any problems.
That’s very good. Interesting that between us, my husband and I have been in hospital in France many times and quite a few in UK hospitals but have never been contacted before.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Gigi wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:47 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:07 pm
Gigi wrote:

That’s very good. Interesting that between us, my husband and I have been in hospital in France many times and quite a few in UK hospitals but have never been contacted before.
Nor has my wife, who is a day patient every 5 weeks. Dordogne must be more caring.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen