What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Aardvark

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Aardvark »

SW31girl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:04 am
I finally managed to book online for Pfizer vaccine. The only one I could get is approx 150km from us. So that’s two four hour journeys. The only one in the entire Haute Garonne for over 60’s with Pfizer. We were originally trying to book slots for both of us but in the middle of the process we lost the slot for the OH. He said as it was more urgent for me it was better to keep the slots I had.

What was bizarre was that there was no trouble getting the first appointment but it was impossible to get the second one. It’s a five step process so if you can’t get the second appointment then the process stops and won’t let you progress. I don’t understand what’s going on.
I'll bet that was Doctolib. When the last batch of RDVs was announced I jumped in straight away but by the time I had tried to get a confirmation code they had all gone. A matter of maybe half an hour. :roll:
Conservative government: A disease without a cure

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Repeating the question that I asked on another thread:

If you manage to make a booking via Doctolib do you know what vaccine is being proposed or do you have a choice?
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

ajm

Post by ajm »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Repeating the question that I asked on another thread:

If you manage to make a booking via Doctolib do you know what vaccine is being proposed or do you have a choice?
When we did ours it told us that it would be the Pfizer one.
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

I'm sometimes a bit iffy with KFC type chicken and after the amount of chicken I ate at my birthday bash yesterday I'm glad to say my guts have survived!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Just cleaned the fosse prefilter & changed the inspection covers.
One of the old covers & a planter makes a much nicer bird table than the old.bucket & bit of wood one.
IMG_20210416_162508.jpg

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

I had a look outside our dept and have now managed to get the Pfizer vaccine appointment much closer to home. Once I received the confirmation I cancelled the appointments that were two hours away. Phew, relief.

I used the “Vite ma dose” website which was much easier to use than the Sante.fr site.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

whyme? wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm
Just cleaned the fosse prefilter & changed the inspection covers.
One of the old covers & a planter makes a much nicer bird table than the old.bucket & bit of wood one. Image
Table for two, Sir?
Conservative government: A disease without a cure

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle »

SW31girl wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 pm
I had a look outside our dept and have now managed to get the Pfizer vaccine appointment much closer to home. Once I received the confirmation I cancelled the appointments that were two hours away. Phew, relief.

I used the “Vite ma dose” website which was much easier to use than the Sante.fr site.
In Selby I received a text, "please go to here", "website address" picked the time slot I liked and bingo all done. Same all over Yorkshire.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Got an SMS from the Passport Service saying that my new passport has been sent, 2 days after they received the old one.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Had a good look at hens undercarriage after her op. The wound is nice and clean and is healing well. Last night we let her bestest friend sleep with her. She has to sleep in a small walk-in hen house as the vet wasn’t keen on her having to go up into the main hen house. Given the size of the operation last Friday she’s doing really well. Mind you she must be the most expensive chicken around here!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett