What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
SW31girl

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by SW31girl »

I brought my hen home. Ok she has to go back next Thursday for major surgery Friday morning but she’s home and much loved now. Even the vet at the école Nationale Vétérinaire in. Toulouse described her as a “character “.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Reading above. :D

After the Storm 2

Post by After the Storm 2 »

Back home enjoying a glass of chilled Prosecco, don’t care if it is early, it’s been a back breaking week and I reckon I deserve it.
And pleased that sw32girl’s characterful chicken is back home with her. 🍷

Veem

Post by Veem »

After the Storm 2 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:40 pm
Back home enjoying a glass of chilled Prosecco, don’t care if it is early, it’s been a back breaking week and I reckon I deserve it.
And pleased that sw32girl’s characterful chicken is back home with her. 🍷
Pour another prosecco Ats and I'll raise my glass of sherry in a toast to SW32girl's chicken. It's going to be another long 'semi' confinement, so we should seek happiness where we can ...............

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Across the road from us is a farmers field & bank/hedgerow with umpteen tree stumps from where the trees were cut down yonks ago. These stumps grow dozens of 'shoots' at the rate of about 2m per year & not only ruin the view over open countryside they also shed lots of leaves in the autumn.
Each year I cut down these 'shoots' & today was the day.
Probably two to three hundred 2m plus 'shoots' at least 25mm at their base cut off, handballed across the road to my tractor & transported to add to the huge pile of garden debris awaiting an arsonist to pay it a visit.
Job done until this time next year. It's whisky o'clock. :D
A pessimist is just a better informed optimist

Veem

Post by Veem »

whyme? wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm
Across the road from us is a farmers field & bank/hedgerow with umpteen tree stumps from where the trees were cut down yonks ago. These stumps grow dozens of 'shoots' at the rate of about 2m per year & not only ruin the view over open countryside they also shed lots of leaves in the autumn.
Probably two to three hundred 2m plus 'shoots' at least 25mm at their base cut off, handballed across the road to my tractor & transported to add to the huge pile of garden debris awaiting an arsonist to pay it a visit.
What trees are they? Limes? They are real bu99ers for producing epicormic growth. In the UK my father had an avenue of them all with TPOs on them. Whenever he wanted to trim the epicormic growth we had to get permission from the council tree officer.

Biggles was a tree surgeon so had all the kit, but it was still a pain of a job to do.

Mine's a sherry. Cheers!
Last edited by Veem on Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Sold a wood burning insert today on FB.
Been trying to sell it for about a year and a half.
Heavy to move and dropped the price to 120 euros.
Cost 550.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

AIIy

Post by AIIy »

Remembering 40 years ago today when my mate came running out with tears in his eyes, shouting, "It's a boy, it's a boy!"
We never did go back to Thailand.

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Veem wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 pm
whyme? wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 pm
What trees are they? Limes? They are real bu99ers for producing epicormic growth. In the UK my father had an avenue of them all with TPOs on them. Whenever he wanted to trip the epicormic growth we had to get permission from the council tree man.

Biggles was a tree surgeon so had all the kit, but it was still a pain of a job to do.

Mines a sherry. Cheers!
Mostly chestnut which grow like weeds around here. No TPO's , just tell the farmer neighbour & get stuck in. Mind you his old man was a PITA re. chopping down trees on his boundary when he was in charge but, since he popped his Breton clogs, new owner sonny Jean Michelle, whose wife is one of the horsey brigade, is a pussy cat. :D
L
A pessimist is just a better informed optimist

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl »

Collected our four new chickens this afternoon from Gamme Verte. They were extremely stressed when we got them home. They haven’t come out of the hen house yet. It’s fascinating to watch the pecking order developing. Our two existing hens have sussed already there’s new hens. Both sets of hens are currently segregated but once they mix I know our two established hens will be in charge. The hen who went to the veterinary hospital earlier in the week is the alpha hen and has a vicious head and neck peck to anyone who gets to the food before her!
The Gamme Verte store is more than 10 Kim’s from us so I’m glad I ordered the hens last week.
Also pleased that our cat who had all her teeth extracted is now eating well and no longer needs morphine. Just a couple more days of antibiotics to go. She’s around 16 years old and quite amazing - mind you she’s milking it for all she can!

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett