A place for some light-hearted chat.
Gigi

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Gigi »

Crystal wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:47 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:37 pm
Mr B home for the weekend :good: - no dont think things like that!!!!! - I have a list of jobs :good: :good:
Same here Bubbles, OH is working away during the week and I always have a list of jobs needing done at the weekend - this week he's getting off light, just a dechetterie run today and helping to pose 2 extremely heavy shower trays tomorrow. :lol:
At first I misread ‘pose’ for post and wondered how he was going to post such heavy things at all, but at the post office and on a Sunday................🤔 . Then I reread it.

In my defence, I’m not feeling great and should be asleep at this hour!

Veem

Post by Veem »

whyme? wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:43 am
Veem wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:17 am
Oh, that has pleased me greatly. Atora on order! :D :D :D
Looks like nearly 3 times the UK price plus carriage but when the call is " Oggie, Oggie, Oggie" :)
Edit.
Just looked closer at Amazon FR site & it would appear that the sellers are UK companies.
If that's the case it'll be interesting to see if they'll now deliver here & if the fact it's a meat product will have any affect.
Keep us informed V.
We didn't check the mailbox yesterday but I did today. And guess what I found in there ......? :D :D :D

Only 2 x 240g of Atora and 2 x 400g Bisto original gravy powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now it's turned lovely and warm (verging on summery) and not in the least winter stew weather at all, I could, if I wanted, make loads of suet dumplings. Of course, a couple of days ago I discovered 2 packets of Bisto in my store cupboard too that I'd forgotten I had.

I'm still extremely pleased to take delivery of this little hoard. Just, please don't ask what they cost ........

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:40 pm

We didn't check the mailbox yesterday but I did today. And guess what I found in there ......? :D :D :D

Only 2 x 240g of Atora and 2 x 400g Bisto original gravy powder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still extremely pleased to take delivery of this little hoard. Just, please don't ask what they cost ........
Now you are all set for next winter so why worry about the cost ?
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Veem

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:00 pm
Veem wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:40 pm

Now you are all set for next winter so why worry about the cost?
I'm not worrying Sue. But perhaps shan't tell Biggles voluntarily. :lol: :? :? In current parlance, 'it is what it is' and may make us value dumplings even more than we did before! It didn't break the bank but I can see, for some, it might seem like profligate extravagance (it that tautological?).

ajm

Post by ajm »

Simple pleasure of sitting in the lovely warm sunshine.
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

Captain Morgan

Post by Captain Morgan »

Lewis Hamilton winning with the slower car.

Stompie

Post by Stompie »

A lovely hour in the sunshine with my book. Simple pleasures!

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Veem wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:27 pm
It didn't break the bank but I can see, for some, it might seem like profligate extravagance (it that tautological?).
No, not in my book .. plus you have bought items which will be used in preparing food for you and Biggles to eat next Winter or when you need comfort food.
It's not like you spent a fortune on a handbag 😶
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Veem

Post by Veem »

suein56 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:05 pm
Veem wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:27 pm
It didn't break the bank but I can see, for some, it might seem like profligate extravagance (it that tautological?).
No, not in my book .. plus you have bought items which will be used in preparing food for you and Biggles to eat next Winter or when you need comfort food.
It's not like you spent a fortune on a handbag 😶
Why would I? I already have one......... :lol: :lol: In any case, I am not really the handbag type. :good:

Oldblueraincoat

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

First round of golf since October last in wonderful Spring sunshine and being outdriven by my lovely 74 year old wife :D :D :D