What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
Veem

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by Veem »

Oh, how lovely. And how thoughtful of the girls to send their aunty something so unexpected. They must love you so much.

I had something similar last summer from my ex SIL and was completely overcome. I kept insisting to the florist that the bouquet couldn't possibly be for me ..........

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

This really pleased me today

We are so quick to criticize and slow to praise under normal circumstances. I would like to say that having become an official pensioner and hadnt received my official confirmation letter, I contacted the International Claims Dept today and explained I had submitted my claim in January and hadnt heard anything. The very nice lady said she would put a reminder out on my file as they were waiting to hear from the IR, and it still may take a couple of weeks. She has just phoned me back in France to confirm that was the case, she now has the information and has made up my pension file so it is on track for me to be paid on date . She has also put in a request regarding my late husbands contributions (although she is not holding out much hope as the law changed in 2016). I didnt even mention it let alone ask for her to do this nor did I expect a telephone call. Hats off the the lovely lady at the Pensions Department - some people do still care about doing their job properly :) :)
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:47 am
I heard a parcel come through the letter box. Looked and there was a large flat box at the back of the door, I was thinking to myself it was a bit big for a necklace from Amazon when I realised it was flowers. I had by this time decided it had been delivered to the wrong address,but no it was in my name. A lovely Bloom and Wilde bunch of flowers from my nieces just because
Oh, that’s so lovely - what a sweet thing to do. Receiving flowers is such a pleasure, makes you feel really special.

Bloom & Wild are my favourite online florist, I send them fairly often, particularly to elderly relatives of my husband - I no longer have any (elderly relatives, not flowers!)

Or at least they were my favourite florists. I had a 30% reduction from them (biggest discount I’ve had from them), so decided to order some for myself to see how they looked; as recipients always say they are lovely, but you never know unless someone sends you a photo of them.

The flowers were poor, didn’t perk up much at all over the next couple of days, in fact some were so drooped that they just died, plus the info they are supposed to put in the box wasn’t there. The following day I took photos and sent an email complaining, and was sent a replacement arrangement, which was just OK - both had flowers missing, replaced by grasses etc and flowers of the wrong colour - not at all the lovely pink/mauve/blue they should have been.

Strange that that was the only occasion when I wasn’t asked to write a review, which isn’t being straight with customers. I decided not to buy/send flowers from them in winter in future.

They have a surplus of some types of flowers at the moment and as I signed up a while ago for offers when that occurs, they offered 20% off a few arrangements this morning.

Veem

Post by Veem »

Having declared my store cupboard bare of Bisto original powder, and had several good French alternatives suggested on here, today when looking for coffee I suddenly spotted, tucked away at the back of the cupboard, not one, but two packets of Bisto.

I feel as though I've had a reprieve. :D :D :D :good:

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Mr B home for the weekend :good: - no dont think things like that!!!!! - I have a list of jobs :good: :good:
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Got up this morning to discover that Wales have won the six nations. I went to bed so didnt see all the game last night but I thought France was going to rob us of the cup - happy day and yhe sun is shining :D :D :D :D :D

ajm

Post by ajm »

Well yesterday really. The best thing that has happened to Scotland for a while. Not the return of that podgy politician - but the victory against France. :lol:
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Received my RDV for the residence card in the post. :)

Hector’s dad

Post by Hector’s dad »

Played yesterday. Watched it today. France 23. Scotland 27

Crystal

Post by Crystal »

bubbles1 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:37 pm
Mr B home for the weekend :good: - no dont think things like that!!!!! - I have a list of jobs :good: :good:
Same here Bubbles, OH is working away during the week and I always have a list of jobs needing done at the weekend - this week he's getting off light, just a dechetterie run today and helping to pose 2 extremely heavy shower trays tomorrow. :lol: