What has pleased you today

A place for some light-hearted chat.
bubbles1

Re: What has pleased you today

Post by bubbles1 »

I kinda know what you mean - I have a tool box. When OH moved in he also had one. I put my tools back in MY box, in the bit where they should be when I use them - he throws them into which ever box suits at the time so when I go to find exactly what I want and it is not there it drives me up the bloody wall. I have a "Baldrick" - Im going to get a padlock - sort out all my tools back into my box and lock it !!!!!!!! :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 pm
I kinda know what you mean - I have a tool box. When OH moved in he also had one. I put my tools back in MY box, in the bit where they should be when I use them - he throws them into which ever box suits at the time so when I go to find exactly what I want and it is not there it drives me up the bloody wall. I have a "Baldrick" - Im going to get a padlock - sort out all my tools back into my box and lock it !!!!!!!! :D
You have a guy that actually puts things in boxes :shock: I have one that just puts everything on the floor but then when he wants something, he walks to the shelves where he expects them to have miraculously reappeared because they do that, all by themselves apparently :P

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Debra wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 pm
Do all men not put things back where they got them from???
Not this one! - Think the double negative is correct!

As I have such a terrible memory I have to have everything. really well organised, have been like that since I was working on sites.

I still spend ages looking for things though, often not sure if they are in France, the UK or have been disposed of/borrowed/lent.

Searched for a 35mm forstner bit for ages, eventually found it, last used over 10 years ago, no chance of buying one locally or far afield, next time I will just order another one from China, it will be quicker than serching around.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

When it comes to domestic items women are far worse in my experience, all my flats have the same items in each kitchen, stored in exactly the same place so its immediately clear if something is missing and must be replaced.

Men always (usually) put stuff back where they found it, a woman will re-arrange pretty much every item often putting them away in another room even if staying only one night, takes ages searching for things.

Debra

Post by Debra »

You must need a woman to tell you how to logically organise your kitchens and then it may not happen in future :)

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Like a fish needs a bicycle!

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Wow evolution is going in leaps and bounds - fish now ride bikes :D
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

OH picked Lilly of the Valley from our garden for me to cheer me up -how sweet X

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

After the Storm wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:12 pm
bubbles1 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 pm
You have a guy that actually puts things in boxes :shock: I have one that just puts everything on the floor but then when he wants something, he walks to the shelves where he expects them to have miraculously reappeared because they do that, all by themselves apparently :P
It is the "tool fairy" - we have one who does stuff as well - like when he says - oh did you do that - I say no the bloody fairies did it!!!!! :D :D :D Generally he is a poppet though

Nifty

Post by Nifty »

Fishes need pikes with tench speed gears.